1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mind, Body, or Soul?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Enjel, Aug 15, 2016.

?

In the end, which is the most crucial? The mind, body, or soul?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2016.
  1. Mind

23 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Body

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Soul

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Say you've maxed out all of your skills (charisma, strength, intelligence, etc ... ); in the end, which do you think is the most important? The mind, body, or soul?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted "soul" for the simple reason that the body and mind can change. But the soul, the innermost feelings, your very being, is not so easily changed. It's eternal.

3. PrettyinPunk

I also voted soul. When you die your body will decay, with time your mind may fade but the soul is eternal, is forever.

However in a living breathing person I believe balance and peace in all three aspects is the best way to be.

4. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Intriguing answers indeed. A friend of mine and I voted soul as well. I believe the soul to be unlimited in limits; an on-going surge of energy through time and space.

5. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Soul, by far. While I do value the mind to a rather high degree, it is limited to our current lifetime. The soul, however, exists beyond what we can even imagine. In my beliefs it carries through multiple lifetimes and, in the end, will be all that we have left. Bodies and minds are expendable and limited. Souls are eternal.

6. Jellal

If it exists, the soul. Plus, the way souls are commonly depicted in media, they appear to have some semblance of "mind" or even a spectral "body" to them ... I mean, if you're going to believe in a fantasy I say believe in the most promising fantasy of them all.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there is a soul, it is indisputably the most important. The other two are only tools for the soul to express itself in the physical world.

Barring that though, the mind, if it's separate from the body (and some evidence suggests it is not so discrete as we'd think) is second. You are still you in a crippled body. But without a mind you're a lump of meat.

8. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Wow. Great and insightful replies everyone. Thank you :icon_bigg Just out of personal experience, I believe the soul to exist.

9. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't believe in the concept of a soul and I don't like my body at all, so...yeah. I value my thoughts the most.

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to pick 'body' for many reasons

However, I voted for 'mind'. MAXED intelligence!? I would love to be super intelligent! I could solve a lot of problems in this world and many people would be happier. Plus I could influence people for what I believe to be the greater good and that influence would last for a loooong time after my death. Maybe I could even discover a way to become godlike and cheat death

I personally don't believe in souls, so it doesn't fit into my plans. Perhaps I misunderstood the question XD

11. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Hah! That'd be astonishing!

12. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in the soul, so I went for the mind. The brain is what makes the body work and ideas are what make the world what if is.

#12 Reciprocal, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mind. I value my intelligence more than my appearance, and I'm not sure whether to believe in the concept of souls.

14. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted body because the way my body feels affects my state of mind so much. When I am in shape, I have more energy and feel powerful. I don't understand what a soul is, but I know that the way I physically feel greatly affects my mental state.

15. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for mind because I don't know if souls exist or not. It would be important to stay intelligent throughout one's life. The thought of ever having dementia scares me.

16. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    For me The soul, I don't know if it is my minds coping mechanism for death but I believe in it. that our energy reaches greater than our life span, perhaps not remaining in the familiar form we are in now.. I find comfort in the science of "we are made up of the universe", for ultimately a heart stopping beating just seems to feeble for it to end our energy, but again this could just be my brain trying to cope. I'm just going to try and make the most of now!

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know that I believe in a soul. So, mind, I suppose.

18. iiimee

I chose mind because 1, the soul doesn't exist so that can't be the answer, and 2 because, while the mind and body are essentially the same because the mind is part of the body, I think that the brain is definitely one of if not the most important part of the human body. Of course, other parts are needed, but the brain is definitely important.

19. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All three facets are necessary for balance in a human being, but some points can be made.

If your mind was the most intelligent in the world, that does not mean your life would have purpose. If you only were spirited, yet put no mental or physical effort in, your feelings - regardless of how deep - would be useless. If your body were perfect to the neglect of the mind or soul, what is the point of that?

I do believe in the soul, but the soul doesn't stand alone as a separate entity. It is intrinsically a part of you as your mind or body is. It is more than just "feelings," as most of our emotions and personalities are resultant from our brains (and thus mind).

Perhaps, though, it is the deepest essence of who we are. And in this regard, though the mind and body are still crucial, I think the soul is the most important.

20. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

While I think the mind and soul are far more important in other ways, I think if you've reached your full potential, and you still have some life left to go, your body is the not important because it is via your body that you are able to communicate and do the actions that you feel are important for helping others or whatever else you want to accomplish. Once you have vast knowledge and wisdom, what good is it (beyond feeling personally more complete) if you can't use it in some way? So I guess I wouldn't say the body is the most significant, but rather the most crucial for the mind and the body.