1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once again, the Pope ignores reality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wander, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29734328

Despite the fact that AIDS is obscenely out of control in Africa, that their birth and death rates are ridiculously high, that the world population doesn't need another baby boom, the Pope still pushes abstinence until marriage instead of protection.

He looks like the Emperor for a reason.

2. Mr Bojangles

Isn't it the job of the Pope to be out of touch with reality?

3. Jennn

Personally I've never really understood why the Pope has a say in current issues, considering he's still insisting on finding answers for them from a 3000 year old book.

4. Shevanel

Same with Bono or any other celebrity who's too "self-righteous" for their own good? and Catholicism isn't all just about the bible. just saying :slight_smile:

EDIT: Btw, i think all of life's problems can be solved by various episodes of South Park, for this one, watch the episode Red Hot Catholic Love in Season 6 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Just Adam

sorry if i offend anyone but the pope is a total weirdo really as a guy im hella scared of hiv these people need proper education protection and sanitisation

honestly alot of the rural areas just dont have the same std understanding we do and your just telling them dont have sex is just not an answer its so out of touch its scary when will people learn and ignore him. reside him to the corner and humour him like a mad old relative in a rocking chair :slight_smile:

6. crystaltriforce

well the last pope was a hell of a lot more in touch with reality than this old windbag

7. Jennn

I've lost the quotey button, but... 'Same with Bono or any other celebrity who's too "self-righteous" for their own good? and Catholicism isn't all just about the bible. just saying'

Oh yeah, definitely. Celebrities too, if not more so.
    And Catholicism is very true to the Bible, especially what he's suggesting in that article.

8. Shevanel

But also its about not taking the bible literally. I went to a Catholic High School and I've studied all of this stuff. and I'm Catholic myself. there is a whole lot more to Catholicism than the Bible.

9. Mr Bojangles

Yeah. My grandma met him before he was a minister. Apparently he had a brilliant sense of humour :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. JP was also a founding member of Sozlidernoczc (I think that's how it's spelt - my memory is bad.), The first political party in the 3rd Polish Republic

10. olides84

Sweet! You got your Bono jab in there :slight_smile:
    I grew up Catholic and while I am no longer a member of the church or believe in god, there are still a lot of good things about the Church. But this pope is really backwards thinking IMO. He seems to want to regress 50+ years and is fixated on some totally out-of-touch concepts.

11. Alex19

the pope doesnt know what the hell hes doin. tell him to kiss his own damn ring for a change.

12. Shevanel

LoL yes, i seized the opportunity haha.

and I actually do agree with you about this pope, I wayyyy prefer the last pope. He was pretty awesome. this pope, is definitely different. I may be "heretical" when i say this, but the pope is human too, this one, infallible? perhaps not. I don't know, religion is everyones choice, i have my own beliefs and they certainly differ from most Catholics but they're still very much Catholic. and on the subject of abstinence, its seriously not that hard. and not following abstinence is totally fine too. what they do in Africa is freakin crazy though. isn't it like the rape capital of the world?

13. Jennn

This is the point I'm trying to make. I also grew up as a Catholic, but the Pope's thinking on this matter is just out of date. Some of the Bible does still apply to the world today, but not about this. Personally, I don't think there's is much to Catholicism than the book it's based on, but I don't want to start an argument, so I'm not going to further that point.

14. Shevanel

Sorry if that's what it came across as, i definitely don't want to start an argument, I totally understand what your saying though. Don't worry :slight_smile:

15. He's just doing his job. It really is a case of "he doesn't know any better." This is what he's been taught, this is what he knows. Yeah it's ridiculous that he's ignoring AIDS rates, but abstinence has been drilled into his head and he's just regurgitating it back.

16. Greggers

The pope is worth no more and no less than the homeless guy down the street who has no money and no food. Its true, because if one *tiny* thing had been altered that pope could be on the streets while the homeless man is up in that tower preaching down from above to all.

So really, we should not be listening to the Pope as much as we do. Hes going to spew crap, and im sure hes going to spew out some good things too, but hes just a guy in a robe, nothing more nothing less. Taking the word of any one human as law is going to end up with you being right back under another Hitler or Stalin.

17. Fiorino

My theory is that he's racist and could care less if Black people were
    dying, or maybe he even gets off on it.

Why does he have political power again?

18. Shevanel

Because the Vatican is a sovereign state?

19. pirateninja

YESYESYES! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

You have no idea just how happy you made me by saying that :grin:

20. Shevanel

well it IS your fault Holly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (*hug*)