1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride weekend and church

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HappyGirlLucky, Aug 16, 2016.

1. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this weekend is Pride weekend in my city (first Pride ever here), and I was going through the list of events and something caught my eye. The church has dedicated 4 hours to it on Sunday during their usual sermon hours and even offer coffee to everyone afterwards. Which made me wonder whether this is common? I think the common denomination here is Evangelical Lutheran, are they extra gay friendly or something?

Either way, even though I am not religious it made me really happy to see that they are so dedicated to supporting LGBTQ+ people. If there are any gay Christians at Pride they will surely feel welcome for once too. :slight_smile:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the synods of the Dutch Reformed Church (DRC) in my country has recently stated that they are accepting of LGBT individuals, so it's a pretty open-minded church. Being Christian myself, it's been a never-ending internal battle between sexuality and religion. But I am a bisexual Christian, and though I've been slack with regards to attending church, I still practice my religion faithfully. I think it's great that churches are starting to accept that there are LGBT individuals amongst us, and they have opened their arms, doors, hearts, etc. to us.

I think it's great that the church has set aside 4 hours to support the Pride event! I think things can only get better from here. Have fun at Pride! I will be attending my first Pride in October, and I can't wait!