1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laughing Gas and secrets...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silver Snow, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll be going to the dentist soon and may or may not be getting a wisdom tooth pulled. If I do, and they give me laughing gas, will I reveal my secrets?

I'm afraid they'll find out I'm lesbian, and other things like that which I'ld rather keep to myself.

Will I start rambling on about personal things? Or will I be able to keep these things to myself? If so, is there a way I can distract myself to avoid coming out?

I'm freaking out here!

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's kinda funny that you post this because I was really worried about this too if I ever had to get laughing gas I mean most people already know about me but I'm worried some other things might leak out hopefully not if that ever happens to me. As for you if it does happen and you come out, once the gas wears off and someone confronts you about it just say what? I don't know what you're talking about or you could come out? Well whatever happens good luck! (*hug*)

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worry about that all the time too. It's hard to say what you'll ramble about or if you'll ramble about anything at all. My coworker's daughter just had her wisdom teeth taken out. Afterward she was crying and saying that the dentist took all of her teeth and she needed to go back and get them. People say some weird things, so if you do say anything then you can always just brush it off.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the same worry! Wonder how big of a mess I'll be if/when I get mine removed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. faustian1

For those who worry about losing all of their indispensable inhibitions in that semi-public dentists office, I suggest talking to the dentist about prescribing a single dose of Valium instead. Valium doesn't have the consequence of inspiring you to tell your deep dark secrets to the audience.

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to worry this would happen when I got really drunk. It hasn't. I've definitely been freer to say things I wouldn't normally, but guarded secrets weren't revealed.

Same thing with laughing gas. I've had it before, and did not give anything anyway, though apparently I was a bit loopy and hazy and said some things that didn't make a whole lot of sense. There seems to be a part of the brain that keeps those important secrets under lock and key, no matter what drug may come along and try and counteract it.