1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think America is investing to much in Obama

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by carrie90, Mar 18, 2009.

?

are we expecting to much from Barack

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Now before i start this post let me just first say i am a HUGE Barack Obama supporter i believe he was the right choice and will be a fantastic president

Ok now thats out of the way we can start i was watching a recent episode of south park about Barack winning the election and people were going crazy and saying everything is going to be fixed now and America's problems are over were safe.

I know it's just a cartoon but it made me think are we as a nation investing to much in Barack Obama? I have seen news reports about people who think Barack will solve all there problems and ill admit i was one of them who believed Barack was like the next Jesus or something and can fix everything.

So just wondering whats your opinion?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think it would be unrealistic to expect that Obama is going to fix everything. We're in a huge mess! However, I feel alot more hope than I would have had McCain been elected.

3. Yeah exactly. People expect he's gonna be like a miracle cure from the things that have happened over the past 8 years. And he really can't fix everything. He can do his best though.

4. Lychee

I love the one-sidedness of this debate :grin:

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yup. its crazy annoying. Its like people look out their windows and say "Wow, I can't see hope and change flowing through the streets, its not raining chocolate, money and fuzzy kittens and I'm not filthy rich. Obama isn't doing shit". He's not a god and it bothers me that people expect him to be

6. Shevanel

He better do his best

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I think he'll help fix some things but its far too unrealistic to have him fix everything. The economy, and national debt will take years to fix and probably a few more Presidents. :slight_smile: I think he's heading in the very right direction though.

8. Just Adam

he wont fix everything because of the decline for the last oh lets say 8 years or so... but he will def do good things

9. Don't hold your breath.

10. Emberstone

"oh oh, my phone is going all ringy... I got to go, now dont you know? mccain hired me a jet... okay, bye bye now."

i loved southparks sarah palin.

but back on topic.

Obama is educated, and he understands what is wrong with america. mccain slummed his way through military school on his father's name, and wanted to leave practically everything the way it was after bush's anti humanity, anti science, anti morality, anti freedom, anti constitution, anti black, anti gay stances.

I picked obama because he was the saner, safer choice. Did I expect him to be a end-all to all of our problems? far from it. I expect him to push america back into prosperity, and towards the very founding values of this country that the republicans has erroded for the last, about 80 years.