1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexual/romantic And Bisexual/romantic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. GayPugs

So, I know the differences between the two but I just want to know...why ever would someone be bisexual/romantic and not pansexual/romantic? Especially someone who's not Transphobic. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with bisexual/romantic people, I was just wondering why.

2. CassieMaes

It's a good question and a difficult one to answer... I've re-typed this a few times trying to find a way to explain why most biromantic/sexual people are biromantic/sexual people only like two genders, technically if you were bi it doesn't automatically equate to them only liking boys and girls, it could be that they like trans girls and cis boys or agenders and trans boys. So I guess it just depends on preference?

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some biromantic/sexual people would fit in the category of panromantic/sexual but prefer to call themselves biromantic/sexual.

4. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual is wayyyyy easier to explain to people, so most people use that so people don't think they're just making up a new sexuality.

Also, if my research is correct (it could be wrong), then pansexuality isn't including transgender people, because MtF and FtM tend to identify within the binary, but non-binary people rather.

5. idontknow12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual is easier to explain to people. Most people know what bisexuality is at this stage, but not pansexuality. Plus there are people who think that pansexuality is just a made up sexual orientation, so that would also make coming out as pan harder. Also, I don't know if I'm pansexual. I've never met a real life non-binary. I don't know if I'm just attracted to the binary or not. Do I like all genders? I dunno. I don't really care either because non-binaries are such a small part of the population that even if I do like all genders, I'm still gonna say I'm bisexual because it's easier, and I think you can be both bisexual and pansexual.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexuality doesn't automatically exclude trans people, since some trans people are strictly binary men or women.

As for non-binary people, some bisexuals also include them but define bisexuality as "attraction to both the same gender as me and other genders".

Bisexuality is also defined as two. So some people even use it to mean attraction to women and non-binaries, but not men (but this is less common).

#6 Creativemind, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016