1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Bisexuals: Normal To Want A Relationship With Same-Gender First?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 24, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

I truly believe that I am bisexual. I like women and men. But I really want my first love/relationship to be with a woman. I don't know why but i really want that to happen. Sure I like men too, and they make me happy I guess and I open to having a relationship with a man but me being in a relationship with a women makes me more happier? If it happens of course!

Is it normal for bisexuals to want or desire to have a relationship with the same gender more then opposite sex relationship?

2. ScatteredEarth

Nah, I wouldn't think so, mainly because I sought the same thing. To me though it was more because of the unknown of it all. It was something that was a fun learning process. I would think most bisexual people have a passing idea of who they'd want to involve themselves with, so in sense, there's bound to be people out there who happen to want the same thing or opposite. But that's just my theory

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know if it's "normal", but I much prefer to have a relationship with a man, while I am more physically attracted to women.

4. sunnyskies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexuals can have a preference toward a certain gender, it's not always 50/50 equal attraction. I've also seen several bisexuals on here say that they go through stages of desiring one sex more than the other for a period of time, and that this then might alter and then they crave the other sex more.
    So from the sounds of it I would say this is pretty normal what you're experiencing; maybe it isn't what every bisexual experiences but you certainly aren't alone in feeling this way, and it's definitely okay :slight_smile:

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this varies from person to person. I think if you are bi then you will end up with who you end up with. I don't think it is more normal to go for same sex than opposite sex.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was like that too. It was mostly just the option was there for the first time, so I craved it. Kinda like if you've eaten vanilla cake your whole life, and you're fine with vanilla cake. You like vanilla cake, and if that's all you ever get then that's fine. But then you find out chocolate cake exists, and you want to try this chocolate cake, because it looks delicious. Even though you still want to have some vanilla cake again, right now you don't care, you want chocolate.

7. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a bisexual I wouldn't say normal. As a child I was attracted to both male and female. My first experiences were same sex. Others here have made some good points. For myself I have had good relationships with both. The desire can fluctuate and be different. I find when I'm single I tend to switch between attractions. In the end I have always fallen for the person and the mind not what is between the legs

8. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm bisexual and I can relate. I've been rejected by many women and I really want to be with a man. I can only see myself in a relationship with a man. I like men more anyway though.

9. L0ser

You summed it up really well, especially about it not being always 50/50. For me, I'm kind of even in regards of what gender I would like to be in a relationship with first, but I think I'd have to agree with you. I haven't been in one since realizing my sexuality, but now that I do the idea of dating someone of my gender resonates a lot. It's certainly not that I don't like girls, but there's a part of me that wants to 'prove' my sexuality while learning more about how I would feel in a same-sex relationship.

And as everyone else has said, you're not the only one to feel this way, and it's absolutely fine to want to explore your sexuality and date who you want to.

10. BookWriter1994

Thank you all for your responses!

11. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sort of hits home for me right now because I might be questioning again... maybe. I've dated guys (never slept with one yet) and I like them and can get turned on by them but nothing like being with a girl. Okay, I've only been with one girl.. still with her... :slight_smile:. In a way I've always leaned more towards girls and I hate saying 70/30 but maybe yeah. I'm new to this also and learning everyday. I'm not sure if anything I just said makes any sense but it's out there LOL. "All those who wander are not lost"

12. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a biromantic with fluid sexuality. My first experiences were with other girls. There is no real "normal" in this world. Every person is different.

13. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a similar thing-

Once I was out for a while, to myself and to others, I began to realize that I desired a relationship with a female SO MUCH MORE than one with a male.

Honestly that might just be the rebellious side of me. I want to show people that girls can date girls and that it's fine and everything, because at my school, gay people are scarce.

While I am open to a relationship with a guy, girl, or other, I just had the sudden urge to get a girlfriend and be that person.