1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know antiques?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustBecause, Mar 18, 2009.

1. JustBecause

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need help with an antique situation and am posting wherever I can in hopes of a reply. Here's the info:

I have a dining suite purchased by my grandparents in 1949 for $595. It's a Thomlinson set that includes a china cabinet with silverwear and serving storage on pedistal legs, a grand buffet that has a sliding glass display with a one shallow drawer running the length and a deep drawer with cabinets along the bottom, and a 6 person table that expands to 8 with the leaf. I am missing the chairs, the second leaf, and the table top pads. The whole set is in need of minor refinishing, but is very structurally sound and has all original hardwear. I even have the original reciept. I believe the wood is poplar.

I need to sell this immediately, but have no idea even what to ask for it, and am not good at finding obscure things online. Can I get some help with determining a selling price, please?

Thanks, ya'll. I'll update on events of my ever-so insane life soon!

2. Shevanel

I don't know anythign about antiques, but Antique Road Show? :grin: