1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Treasures

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PrettyinPunk, Aug 27, 2016.

1. PrettyinPunk

A couple of weeks back the town I live in had this big street yard sale. They do it every year and I almost always go. This last time at this one sale a lady was selling an old phonograph from the 20's. It was beautiful and was built into a table/desk. I've never seen one like it before. It wasn't in the greatest shape but it played and the sound was strong but had that old timey effect.

The lady was kind enough to give some history on it. She said it was purchased in 1928 and had been passed down in her family. It was so cool to hear about, a piece out of time. I wanted to buy it but unfortunately I was too broke.

This made me wonder if anyone has similar experiences. Maybe you were at a sale or thrift shop and you stumbled across something very rare, valuable, historic. Or maybe something was passed down through your family and you discovered it by accident. Heck maybe you were walking in the woods and found a super awesome looking rock! Feel free to share your story either way.

2. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have always been fascinated with antiques and collectibles. I like going to the many Goodwills in my area and seeing what I can find. I've found real silver and gold jewelry pieces before and other interesting things.

I also hunt on eBay for religious art. A few years ago I purchased a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary on there for $75. I was very happy because this said statue has a value of over $400!