1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel about yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

Right now I'm going through a period of self- hatred due to depression and feeling useless because I don't have a job. I'm trying my best to get out of that funk. I would like to know how you feel about yourself and for the confident ones tell me how you got yourself to that mindset.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel I am fat and that this jar if Nutella is not helping it.
    I also get depressed to quick and am to quick to decided that one mistake (like a failed test) will doom my whole future. I'm to shy. Was talking to a guy the other day and blushed everytime he looked at me.

3. Jellyfish Clear

I have really high esteem and think of myself really highly (I think I am a bit of an egotist to be honest haha) but not in the narssachistic way. I just really like myself and the way I am. I have no idea where this stems from. But it isn't like I haven't had periods of low self esteem and I understand what you are feeling.
    The mindset I take is an open mindset as opposed to a closed one (Google these terms oa you want more details) meaning that if I fail (which I have done recently) I use the frustration and regret to become even stronger if that makes sense. I just don't sit around waiting for things to happen but rather make things happen myself.
    But Good luck I am sure life will get better for you!(!)

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I feel like I'm a lot more content with my appearence, sexuality, and life in general than I was 5 years ago. I'm not really sure how much that really says though :lol:

5. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that im probly crazy...yet strong, too kind hearted...not typical girl or lesbian..dude in a girl body yet with the ability to see both worlds equally i just pick the simplicity of dudes with the deepness emotionally of chicks...ummm not really that attractive rather ugly but my loyalty and strange sorta humor make me one of a kind...could do away with the little pug...wish sumtimes i was normal so i can find a girlfriend and live a normal life...idk why i have to be built so complex.. also i think im a very very old soul and my body/this life conflict with it as in i should be wise enough to control my anger but i still loose it every time..yea...probly crazy..haha

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a headache right now so I feel crappy

7. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a really deep hatred for myself.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like myself and think I'm awesome, but at the same time I think I'm hopeless and can never improve myself. It's complicated. :confused:

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm a parasitic cancer to the world, and that's all I'll say.

10. Tom89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel the same about myself to be honest. I too am unemployed, can't seem to hold a job for very long and it makes me feel useless. Having depression on top of it does not make it any easier. I know how it feels to hate on yourself.

11. Brytaleith

I've been through this whole "who am I really?" thing like twice, and a third time now (because I really need it for my university application) and literally, I cannot think of a single strength that I have. I'm getting really frustrated with myself, but it feels crazy unnatural weird to talk good stuff about myself.

12. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If this is you in the profile picture, I think that you look great and cute! :slight_smile: Don't let yourself down by your appearence... plus you are pretty so why worry? :grin:

13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, I suck so bad, but I'm also really gay, so I just let the gay block out the bad :wink:

14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could believe in myself more

15. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ugghh... xD I'm a mess, honestly. I can't even talk to people most days, because the doubt is like a physical muffle. I'm recovering now from some shit times.

But here's a big block of cheese: We'll all get there. (&&&) It can take a lot of effort to love yourself. You have to fill your mind with positive messages and surround yourself with people and things you love. I find do best when I pursue my interests and hobbies every day, because there's a hella lotta work you have to do that you don't like-- have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

16. AmyBee

Usually I feel okay, but for the last month I've been really down and so I've been really down on myself. About 8 or 9 years ago when I was really working towards transition and my body was changing and I was discovering new things about the world I was really feeling good about who I was. I was really liking myself in the mirror. Then after that plateaued, I was just fine. But lately a lot of negative thoughts I thought I'd grown out of have returned and it's hard to stay buoyant.

17. Formality

I used to hate myself back when I was depressed a few years ago. But nowadays I love myself. I am awesome.

18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My opinion of myself fluctuates often. On some days, I love who I am, physically and not. I'm proud of my intelligence, my Mexican heritage, my youthful appearance. Other days I see the negatives: I'm intelligent, but so many people have done much more than myself at this age; life would be easier if I were not Mexican; on top of that, I'm too thin, my sexuality is too ambiguous, and I may always be alone.

Problem is I can't control which will win out on a given day (the positive or negative), but thankfully the majority of the time it's the positive. The more I see the positive the more I think I will be able to improve myself.

19. MrSkittles

I have 0 self confidence and self love for myself. I hate everything about me.

20. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love everything about me. The things I would've changed when I was younger are also the things that make me unique. So I learned to love the things about me that I hated and now I love them :slight_smile: