1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some odd things that you just cannot stand?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cannot stand when someone massages or plays with my toes. It's so uncomfortable. I think it's probably because my toes are sensitive, and not in a good way.

I cannot stand when my toenails are even slightly long. It bothers me because it looks bad and I hate when they even slightly snag on my bed covers. If my toenails are long, I will constantly think about it until I cut them, lol.

I cannot stand to have the toilet lid up when I shower. I don't know why, exactly... I think part of it comes from when I saw this show about a snake climbing out of a woman's toilet. And what's weird is, I'm not even that afraid of snakes. It could be just an odd thing for me. XD

I cannot stand to have any lumps in my hair when I wear a ponytail. I have naturally straight hair, so the "messy ponytail" look doesn't always cooperate the way I want it to.

What are some odd things that you just cannot stand? :bang:

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cannot stand being touched randomly/out of the blue, it tends to really freak me out and I get paranoid.

I cannot stand people not turning the lights off when no one is in the room, or the lights serve no purpose in being on.

I cannot my finger nails getting very long, it just irritates me.

A funny one I have never heard before, I cannot stand when people leave the tops to things like dish detergent/bottles off. I've went out of my way countless times to put them back on because it just bothers me so much. Aha

3. Jellyfish Clear

Those two are the same for me. I hate human contact (it pretty much grims me out) and with the lights my sister leaves them on in the house all the time and I constantly find myself turning them off all the time which gets annoying.

4. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The feeling of water on my body right after showering. or swimming. i IMMEDIATELY have to grab the robe or i start to get slightly irritated. i think it's more about the "wet body hair" than anything, like if i i wasn't an actual ape (was less hairy) i probably wouldn't mind the water on my body. i should start trimming that shit.

#4 Rainsworth, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  5. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Chewing. My mother chews with her mouth open, slurps drinks and soup, talks with her mouth open..... GAHHHH

I now need to wear headphones at dinner, the sound stressed me out so much that it was actually affecting my mental health

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate having doors open. I can't sleep with my bedroom door open, and I get tetchy if I'm in a room with the door open. Luckily my brother shares the same quirk so we just keep the doors in our house closed (except when someone's going through it, of course).

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These two bother me, too.
    It's annoying when people run up the power bill because they don't turn off the lights. >_>
    I prefer to have my nails short. Having them too long just doesn't appeal to me. They break all the time and I hate when stuff gets underneath them.
    My ex girlfriend is like this. She takes at least 15-20 minutes to use the bathroom because she's trying to make 100% sure that her hands are completely dry.

I hate the feeling of having wet hair on my legs or feet. Omg it makes me want to barf. XD
    Yikes! That's annoying! I work with this bitchy lady who smacks when she eats and burps out loud without excusing herself. It's disgusting.
    I'm like this, too! I can't sleep if my closet door or main door are open. It freaks me out.

8. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah that would be too hard and frustrating. i'm okay with being covered in water as long as the water is on and flowing and i'm not standing there doing nothing while the water is still on my body. swimming would be impossible if i had that problem.

#8 Rainsworth, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand brushing my hair. It gets all frizzy and puffy when I do, which is horribly unflattering. So messy it is.

I also can't stand being touched. I have, eh, physical intimacy issues due to ASD and really don't welcome touching unless I'm prepared for it. Along similar lines, I dislike bright colours like with neon clothes or bright sunlight. These give me headaches.

Finger nails, toe nails must be meticulously close-trimmed. It bothers the heck out of me for them to be grown out at all.

Small talk. Never liked small talk.

10. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [YOUTUBE]6lbJO-RkF54[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a guy with short hair, but i also don't brush my hair for this problem. having a hair that is in-between wavy and curly is annoying, that's why i prefer to keep it short. thank god i'm not a girl with those hair genes.

#10 Rainsworth, Aug 28, 2016
  11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let me guess, you're an introvert. :wink:

My twin sister is just like this. She HATES being touched. She said sometimes it actually brings her pain to be touched by strangers. I'm quite the opposite, unless I'm being sexually harassed, of course.

My twin also hates small talk. But I kinda like it. XD

#11 Anthemic, Aug 28, 2016
  12. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People getting technology really dirty. It doesn't even have to be my technology but I can't stand it whenever people don't take care of their technology to make it look semi-decent. An example is that a child-hood friend and his sister would never wash their hands after eating something even as messy as pasta with sauce on it and would go back to playing games or get on their computer immediately afterwards which cause for all their stuff to become really grimey and nasty.

I can't stand it whenever books even get slightly damaged. I hate buying books used (unless they're college textbooks for obvious reasons) and whenever I go to any bookstore, I sift through every single copy they have to get the one in the best condition and even when I read them, I hardly open the books so as to not damage the spine. If I'm reading a book and it gets slightly damaged (ex: my dog chews the tiniest bit of a corner off of it), I've been known to just completely stop reading the book and never touch it again.

Lastly, I can't stand coat hangers that aren't going in the same direction. I don't know why but for me to be content, All the hooks either need to be facing towards you are away from you, not a mixture of both.

#12 kibou97, Aug 28, 2016
  13. leslie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    People being disrespectful and rude,I have to deal with kids like this.Certain things on food,onions and anything really hot and spicy.

14. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find these things annoying as well

Plus I cannot stand...

*people telling me what to do (in most cases). Sometimes I act out if I don't stop and think for a few seconds. It could be something as simple as a pop-up ad with text that reads 'Do you want to change your life?' and I'll say "NO! GET LOST!" (thankfully, only a few ads get past my ad-blocker)

*staying still for a long time (again, in most cases)

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The words 'beans' and 'dinner'.

God only knows why :slight_smile: I just don't like how they sound. I don't mind just 'bean' on it's own though, which is weird. (jelly bean, etc)

Windows being open at night, and not checking the wardrobe every time I walk into my room, also.

#15 ForNarnia, Aug 28, 2016
  16. Awkward Balloon

I cannot stand being asked the infamous question "How are you?". I get that it's now just social convention to follow up a 'hello' with asking how the person is, but it's disgustingly cringe-worthy. I mean the person obviously doesn't care about how I am, they just ask it because they've been trained to by society. And for someone who doesn't really change state too often and spends 95% of my life being 'fine', it's annoying having to try make up something half-interesting to reply with. It just makes my skin crawl and I've actually had to ask my boyfriend to stop doing it because of how uncomfortable it makes me.

I also cannot stand sand. This has only really become a huge thing recently, but sand is just disgusting. Below the knee, I guess it's not too bad. But as soon as someone lies on the sand in their bare skin, and even worse while wet, I can't take it. I even have to look away sometimes if people recklessly get sand on themselves on TV and in movies!

Bad pronunciation is another no-no. I get it, dialects exist. And maybe these people have never been taught the correct way to say certain sounds. But honestly through exposure to television and from listening to the radio I cannot underSTAND (lol) how people think it's okay to speak the way they do.
    My pet hates are when people pronounce 'th' as either a 't' or a 'd', depending on context. Also when people decide that the '-'ing' at the end of words can be changed to '-in' because they're not in the mood to pronounce the 'ng'. No.

I know there are countless other things that infuriate me, but nothing else comes to mind right now.

17. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a girl with those genes....

My hair gets pretty frizzy too, I've been compared to quite a few animals over my time. A poodle, an English Cocker spaniel, a lion, a horse, a Shih Tzu, and a sheep. Oh and there was this time when I went to the hairdressers and they cut it unevenly and way too short and it ended up looking like a damn perm gone wrong by accident. I didn't live that one down for a while.

My hair toes the line between curly and wavy too, but I'd say it's tightly waved. It's quite thick and tends to be straighter at the top, and progressively curlier on the bottom layers. I have it quite long (about shoulder length or just slightly over) although then again it's hard to judge the length when it sticks up so damn much.

Usually when I straighten it I get the response of "whoa, I didn't know your hair was so long!" and admittedly neither do I because it looks so different when it's straightened VS left as it is. I don't like to straighten it though because it's already really dry and it begins to dry and frizz up pretty much as I step out of the shower. Plus, using straighteners can take a while, and when I do I usually end up stepping outside on a windy day because of course it is. :dry:

What I do find amusing about my hair is when people argue about what colour it is. It's a dark strawberry blonde, but it looks darker out of the sunlight. It's quite funny when I step into the sunlight sometimes though and people seem surprised. "Wait...you're ginger?". Why yes, all this time. :lol:

I've tried a number of treatments, but without much luck so far. I've heard coconut oil is good, haven't tried that one yet. I mainly just use argan oil (only a little bit though, or it goes super greasy! Trust me, I've made that mistake a few times).

#17 Canterpiece, Aug 28, 2016
  18. Guff

I can't stand it when my little sister makes me pour her a bowl of cheerios. It wouldn't bother me if she didn't leave a mess, have like 5 bowls a day, slurp, chew with her mouth full and did I mention like 5 bowls a day!? LOL All she does is eat cheerios in a disgusting manner and I'm usually the 1 who has to get her it. xD That's my weird pet peeve

19. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    When my hair grows out, I try getting it cut every month or so.
    When my fingernails grow out.
    When I'm not wearing socks, I have to have socks on.

20. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't stand when people touch me randomly or when I'm not prepared for it. It makes my skin crawl and sometimes causes me pain.
    I can't stand when people stare at me when I start twitching or when my facial ticks kick in.
    I can't stand people leaving the toilet seat and lid up. Put it down, it looks better.
    I can't stand when people insist on letting me control the conversation.

I have way more but those are the worst.

#20 GayBatman, Aug 28, 2016