1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great places to hike?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by olides84, Mar 19, 2009.

1. olides84

As follow-up to the walking thread response, now I'm just itching for the weather to get better to go do some hikes. I spend all my money to travel, and I just love hiking and backpacking.

So do you like to hike or do you find it boring and pointless? What are some great hikes or places you've hiked? Any place you dream about hiking? Provide links if you can :icon_bigg

Here are a few hikes I've been able to do...so awesome
    Routeburn track, New Zealand
    Inca Trail, Peru
    Torres del Paine park, Chile

2. VanceA

I lived in Lake Louise for a while, and i know Banff National Park is an amazing place to hike, i Probably logged about 200km for the summer and fall that i was there.

3. olides84

Ooh, Banff and Lake Louise are beautiful. As a kid one summer, my family drove all the way up there from California! It snowed on our tents the last night we were there...in August! :eek:

4. VanceA

Yeah, it snowed in every month that i was there. I could be 20+ in the mid afternoon and then by evening its thunder and lightening that quickly turns to snow... Its one of the most unpredictable places I've lived. Its astounding how much people find it beautiful, ive seen people break down in tears at just being able to go there. I had the worlds best backyard

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

6. olides84

Oh, that's gorgeous. I was hiking with an American friend on the Isle of Skye in Scotland and he slipped and fell and broke his arm. We got to experience the British NHS and they fixed him up and didn't charge him anything because the paperwork was "too complicated." :lol: We were students and I don't think either of us had insurance.

7. Mr Bojangles

I'm from Skye/ Eleain a Cheo. It's beautiful country up that way. If you fancy a bit of a challenge, I reccomend Oman. It's incredibly rocky though.