1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with LGBT facebook groups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayBatman, Aug 29, 2016.

1. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I want to join an LGBT support group on Facebook. But I'm not open with my sexuality and I don't want anybody that I don't want to know to know. So would my FB friends see that I'm in an LGBT Facebook group? Will they see my posts?

2. faustian1

Yes. Facebook privacy "settings" are extremely complex and carefully designed to screw you over. The complex interactions that occur with "shared" items that have different audience settings is difficult to figure out, and change frequently. Also, sometimes comments on shared items can be public depending on who is sharing them, which means that people you know can use "metadata" to reverse engineer.

You could consider using a fake name and another account, not in any way linked to you. An alias in other words. Just remember that pictures can be "tagged."

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest, Facebook is one of the sites I trust the least. As Faustian said, I wouldn't be surprised to get screwed over.

The only thing I can think of are the "Secret groups" but I don't think you'd be able to find them...