1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auras

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandford, Mar 19, 2009.

?

Do you believe in auras?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Undecided

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Brandford

I know I normally don't post threads but I had to see what others thought, Do you believe in Auras I suggest you look at this site before posting/voting.

http://www.thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When you can find me an article that has been printed in a scientific journal, reviewed repeatedly by multiple experts, and contains a hypothesis that has been tested and examined and demonstrated countless times, instead of just a page with "prophecy" in the title and a starry background, then maybe I would be more inclined to believe you.

3. Janvier

Wow, that is an awesome site !
    Thanks a lot, it's very interesting and very trippy, I love it ! :grin:
    I'm so getting a Bioresonant chakra skirt now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess I do believe in 'auras' or vibes that people give off, I don't think I've ever seen one but you can feel it and I don't need science to prove it :icon_wink

4. Brandford

I didn't even give my opinion yet, and I only put the site up for more information about it, no need to snap at me

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where in that post was I "snapping"? I'm sorry, but putting pictures of Jesus and Buddha on your website almost makes it less credible in my eyes. And when you say "read this before you post" and give a link to a site that supports the idea of "auras", it's hard not to guess what your opinion is.

6. Brandford

lol thats not my website, i just found that on google :lol:, and I could have put that to mock the idea of auras, i didnt even look at the full site only the information about auras and I put snapping because the post seemed a bit aggressive, as if your irritated by the idea

7. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Why must any single idea that is presented here always scrutinized and dismissed with no importance unless the majority of the population is in accordance with it? I certainly believe that auras must exist as everything in this universe has a "vibe" as described in the article including our thoughts. So thank you for the post and someday I hope that this could be a place where you could just present ideas and just talk about them with out fear of having them shot down immediately, just a place with good vibes and no bullsh!t.

8. -Michael-

i did a lot of study on auras a while back.
    I do believe in them, but not in the sense the website doesn.

The whole halo aspect is just glorified paganism but i won't go into that.

I think we have people who can pick up on auras and such.
    Like when you know someones behind you, when you've seen and heard nothing.

I can go deeper as I know a lot, but i'm too tired. :')

9. Alex19

not sure...

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Auras are such nonsense. It's essentially a magical version of what normal people are able to do all the time. I can tell if someone is sad or mad or whatever, but I'm not going to look for a fuzzy pink light around them.

Oh boy, that made me laugh out loud. First off, we are going to assume this to be true and that auras are caused by atoms vibrating at increasing frequency or atoms reemitting energy in the form of fluorescence. If this was the case, as all humans being (and organic matter) are made up of the same basic molecules that react in the same way when exposed to light/energy, we would all have the same aura (same emitted frequency of radiation). Reading auras would be useless even if this pseudoscientific nonsense was true.

So that's why I'm not supposed to look at the microwave when I heat up my Oodles of Noodles? What they are talking about here is the idea that microwaves can break the covalent bonds of DNA thereby degrading it. This concept has been disproven several times. I mean, just using simple logic one can debunk this. Since microwaves have less energy than the visible spectrum of light, shouldn't our DNA be degraded by sunlight? Truth is, the damage only starts when we hit the ultraviolet spectrum and not at lower frequencies of electromagnetic radiation.

I read through this whole website and I really only have one thought on the matter. But I've forgotten it now as I have repeatedly smashed my head into my keyboard.

11. Ben

Ben

Auras have been scientifically proven. Some people have a psychological condition whereby they see colours surrounding a person in relation to their subconscious perception of that person's personality. Just like certain people can see colour when they listen to music or perceive time to be placed somewhere in space. Just not the auras as described in that link.
    It's called synaesthesia and I know of an EC member with the condition, who sees very real "auras" around a lot of people.

12. Daniel

No doubt behind it.

And if this was an anonymous thread I would freely post more. But alas it isn't and I don't want to come under fire for appearing too spiritual.

13. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

But not everyone sees the same colours for the same emotions! Some people, in their minds, associate red with bad and other people see yellow. The concept of accurately reading someone's "aura" and it telling you alot about the person is absolutely nonsense if we take into account that all the aura colours would be perceived differently by different people. This perceived vision of colours around a person is not real. There no colours in music. It's just a crossed connection in the brain that lead to the perception of the individual affected with synaesthesia to be altered. I'm sure it looks really neat, but it's not real. The light is not measurable.

Humans do not emit light. Synaesthesia may have been proven, but it certainly doesn't "prove scientifically" that auras are real.

EDIT: I just thought of something wonderful to compare this to. Imagine that you are in a cloud. Everything is nice and fluffy. It's really nice in this cloud room. But you are not in a cloud room. Not really. It is all in your mind. The same thing applies to synaesthesia or aura perception.

#13 Numfarh, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  14. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is quite fascinating really. I wholeheartedly believe that people obviously see something...now whether that is the way they interpret someone's vibe, then so be it. Scientifically it's probably their brain playing tricks on them. The "vibe" is a delusion they have created to explain the colours. A bit like how a schizophrenic will hear a voice and then will come up with a logical explanation for the voice (my neighbour is talking about me all the time). The definition of "crazy" in todays world has such fine boundaries. Many people would say that insanity is just at one end of the spectrum of normality (if that makes any sense) and that mental hospitals are for people who just dont fit into society. (I'm not saying I agree with that, but it has been said to me).

To be honest I dont care if its real or not. As long as they are happy and not taking advantage of anyone, or putting themselves or others at risk....then I dont give a damn if people can see the aura of a saint. If thats their perogative then so be it...who am I to tell them they are wrong. Hell I experience those unpleasant situations everyday with respect to my sexuality! There's so much in the world we dont understand, so I'm not passing judgement. Look at autistic savants for example (if you've seen rainman then you'll understand). These people are remarkable and have the ability to do superhuman tasks, like memorise millions of numbers.....they claim to see numbers as colours or sounds. Perhaps people who see auras are on that spectrum.

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I believe in auras! :slight_smile:

16. sdc91

Anyone who's studied physics can get a laugh out of this, but that's about it.

17. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Scrutinized, absolutely. Everything ought to be scrutinized. Dismissed, not always. But in this case, yes. I'm afraid that humans emitting glows based on mental emotions and other people being able to decipher them violates your own "no-bullshit" rule, and I too would like to be able to post my thoughts without people calling me aggressive or offensive.

I think that covers it pretty nicely.

18. Melissa

Well, regardless of anything, I believe in auras. That 'sense about a person' does exist to a person who knows where to look. ^_^

19. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I sort of believe in auras, especially when there are bunch of other weird? stuff that cant be scientifically proven. Is it scientifically proven that being gay isn't a choice? :confused:

20. VanceA

This is going to sound rather odd or perhaps stupid. But do we all see the same colours? I mean say im looking at a painting and its mostly Red, while we both call the colour 'red' if i was looking though your eyes could this colour be a different hue? This has been the ramblings of a mad man.