1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving Body Hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SHIELDAgentAlex, Aug 30, 2016.

1. SHIELDAgentAlex

Hello, unwashed and potentially unshaved masses of EC! 'Tis I, Noble Alex, with a question; who here shaves their body hair? Facial hair? How often? All those questions that I'd normally talk to parents about, but given my relationship with both sets of parents, I'm not. So yeah. Awkward.

I'm asking because I have a strange revulsion when it comes to body hair, and facial hair. Other people's doesn't normally bug me, but I hate having so much, especially on my legs. Therefore, yesterday, I shaved my armpits. Side not: it hurts. Other side note: Once I'm an I'll be shaving…basically everywhere, besides my scalp. Don't ask why; I don't know either.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I shave my face every few days. I probably need to shave it daily, but it gives me a rash.

I used to not like my leg hair; now, I don't really care. Sometimes I will trim it. Shaving seems painful.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my facial hair, or rather trim. I trim it once I determine it's too long. I don't shave it though because I want to maintain some s*****. As for elsewhere, uh...same thing, once it gets out of control.

#3 Randy, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my legs and under arms...rarely? Like I shave my under arms the most often because it annoys me. But I don't really care about my leg hair too much personally, so I...only shave my legs when other people start making remarks about it, aka poking fun. When people make fun of me for my leg hair, I get overwhelmingly self conscious suddenly and I shave.

5. ChameleonSoul

Right now, I shave my face once every few days and I remove what little chest hair I have with a razor or I'll have it waxed off if I have the money to do it.

I'm not really sure right now, but I would like to try to remove my leg and underarm hair and see how that feels too.

#5 ChameleonSoul, Aug 30, 2016
  6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had the hair on the top of my chest lasered off just because I don't like it when you can see it above my shirt collar. I shave my face every few days--it looks ok when it's a little stubbly and also I'm lazy.

I think it's weird when guys shave off all their body hair.

7. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I shave my facial hair whenever I have something important that I have to look good for, or whenever it gets long enough for me to start tugging on it and puling it out...As for body hair, I used to shave before all the big swim meets. But now I only do it before big things (going clubbing, etc), when I just want to feel good. I've also found that taking baths before shaving the body hair makes it easier to shave. I still haven't found a quick way to painlessly get rid of armpit hair (it takes forever, and I just don't know how people do it). Trimming the speedo area only happens once said area becomes bushy; personally, I like said area looking like a lawn. Feel free to shave/trim/let it grow however you feel you must. Obviously it shouldn't become something so obsessive like every hour because you risk cuts and infection then. But about once a day should be fine if you really,really, really don't like body hair. Armpit stubble is...annoying and prickly because of how the arms fold, nothing you can really do there. Of course, there are other options. Waxing is supposed to be quite effective for a while (but expensive). And Nair seems like a good idea too (although I've heard it smells). I would not advise plucking (takes too much time).

8. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like having body hair, am I the only one here ? ;D

Not everywhere tho, I'm one of those guys who are THAT hairy, and I love it excpet when it comes to... da butt.

Seriously, that's just so annoying when you're hairy between those cheeks, I should shave, yet I don't want to because I don't know how to do it properly XD

9. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave everything. Literally. Arms, armpits, face, legs, the rest :wink: I can't stand body hair. I have certain days for certain body parts.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my arms, armpits, legs, groin. I hate having hair in those places. So, I'll probably be getting laser hair removal next year. :slight_smile:

11. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Generally I don't like body hair. Facial hair is okay if it's not too much.

I don't shave my armpits, as I like hair in that area. I shave my face about twice a week. I don't have a lot of chest hair, but I like it to be smooth, so I shave every now and then there. If I'm going to a place where I'll have my shirt off, like the beach or a waterpark, I'll shave my chest. I also don't like hair in the other regions. I don't shave religiously down there, but once it starts getting longer I do. When/if I ever get a boyfriend, I'm sure I'll shave more frequently.

As for other people, I prefer it to be the same way I shave. I like guys with little body hair. I like the smooth skin look and feel. And the only place I like body hair on other guys is the armpits. Just below the belly button can be pretty sexy, too. :grin:

12. killswitch0029

I shave my face every 2-3 days otherwise my s***** gets outta control. Other than that I don't shave anywhere else, I just don't personally feel that being smooth anywhere other than my cheeks suits me at all.

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use the stubble guard once a week on my face. I like that look, cause it's low maintenance. I don't really shave anything else, as the guy I was(still am technically but we never have a chance lately) seeing likes body hair. I just trim my pubes when they get out of control.

14. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fight a constant war against body hair,
    everything is shaven always, everywhere, everyday...

15. Brytaleith

I don't shave my armpits often, unless I intend to wear something sleeveless that day.
    I don't shave anywhere else (except my head) either. I once shaved my legs, out of curiousity, and I hated it.

I don't have a lot of body hair in the first place, so maybe that's why

#15 Brytaleith, Aug 30, 2016
  16. LeticiaTheLesbo

Shaving shouldn't hurt. Unless you knick yourself of course. I (female) shave and have found that when certain patches of hair get too long it is best to trim them with scissors before shaving. This makes it way less painful.

17. alienatedapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't tend to shave anywhere (much to the dislike of my parents, as apparently me being female and owning leg and pit hair is nasty), though I'll occasionally trim my "down there" hair if I feel like it

18. AmyBee

I don't hate body hair on other people. Sometimes it's really attractive. My partner rarely shaves her underarms and I think that's cool. But for me? Well, being a trans woman I feel my body is TOO hairy for comfort so I shave everything, everywhere. Not my head or my eyebrows. I do shape my eyebrows a little but just to make them slightly pointier and neater, not thinner. I tend to like natural or natural-looking eyebrows.

19. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything except my head for obvious reasons, I'm sort of on the same train and have to get rid of it all plus do my makeup or I'll have no self esteem whatsoever. Under arms every single time too, it's sort of a habit by now.

20. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I starting to grow a mustache, (I know, right? Thanks dad.) so I just use depilatory cream. I never shaved and I don't intend of doing that ever in my life.