1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for gays/lesbains

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Guff, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Guff

This is NOT about transgender or gender unsatisfactory or anything else about literally undergoing a gender change.

Any gays wish they were born the opposite gender?
    Last night I thought about how my life would be under the same circumstances, if I was a female. Thinking about things I've had to do because I'm a guy, or wasn't "suppose to do", never did or stopped because ridicule of a male doing such. Friendships that never got too deep because they were looking at me like I could be flirting with them or like "I belong" in a different social group. I realized if I would've been born female most all my relationships would've been better, I wouldn't have stopped doing so much I didn't want to stop, I could've tried things I didn't get to and the big obvious of nobody would hate me for liking guys. LOL Anyone else even if not at a high degree, wish they were the opposite gender? Why or why not?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you are basically asking if I wish I was a guy because then I would be straight.

I guess it is something which has fleetingly crossed my mind. I think on the whole it is a difficult thing to know because its also hard to know what you would lose often. A bit like the grass is always greener. Although I do agree there are many things that would be easier. I suppose it isnt something I really think about now because I have a girlfriend and if I was a guy I wouldnt have her so I would have to say no. Plus I guess I wouldnt be me.

3. Guff

It's not a just "Than I'd be straight" thing. I've given up many hobbies and just because "social pressure" haven't grown close to my friends given they're all girls. I've just always gotten along better with them, but they all seem to think I'm flirting with them if I hang out to much and people look at me as a weirdo for who I hang out.
    And my dad wouldn't be pressuring me to do a lot I personally hate to do. Even I was a straight guy, I'd still almost say I'd be better off as a straight gal than straight guy. Just given my personality and interests.

4. eMei

Life would certainly be easier if I had been born a girl. But you don't get amazing stories to tell when you have an easy life. Our experiences make us who we are.

So my answer is no.

5. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I like flirting with girls to see how they react but with guys it's so much easier. So yeah being born a girl probably would've made things easier. But I like who I am and enjoy the challenge.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh yes I get you, but then if you were a girl you wouldnt be you. Its of course easy for everyone else to say and I dont blame you for having those thoughts im sure I would if I was you or in your position.
    I wonder if there is anything you would miss about being a guy if you were a girl?

7. Guff

That's why I specified under the same circumstances, I know the circumstances all would have been different, but given they somehow were is what I'm basing this off of.

I'm sure Girl Guff would have bad parts of her life and would complain just as much as male Guff XD

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've thought about what it would be like to be a girl. But I enjoy being a guy.

9. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    eMei, that's a really positive and kinda fun take on being 'other than heterosexual!' I really like that! And I've always believed that I would never go back and change anything about myself because I've almost always been quite comfortable with who I am and who I am is, to paraphrase what you said, the sum of my experiences.

10. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I do wish that. Mainly because I don't like shaving my legs, performing femininity and the like. And there's the added problem that society thinks girls can only lose their virginity to men, even though that was a special milestone I wanted with a loved one...

11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loli21, you know that in Europe and other places in the world, a lot of women don't shave their armpits and sometimes their legs, either. The first time I encountered that, I found it strange, not repulsive by any means, but definitely strange - at least in my own mind.

12. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I frequently wish I was a guy just because I HATE having to act girly. I hate girl's clothing, I hate makeup, I hate dresses, and I hate all the other girl stuff.

All of my likes, interests, and behaviors would make more sense if I was a guy, too.

Despite all this, I'm not transgender, I just don't really like being a girl.

13. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You just penned down my thoughts! Life would have been so much more easy, besides being accepted, i would fit in more easily and it would have been so much easier to find a guy!

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2016 at 06:54 AM ----------

Yes I hear you! I feel the same! I hate playing out the male gender role ! About the girls too, however close you get to them , you are still not their girl best friend, they keep you out of that innermost circle!

14. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not at all. I like being a guy. However, I'm not the stereotypical feminine gay guy. I'm more masculine than feminine, but overall I think I have a good balance of the two. I'd feel much more uncomfortable with myself as a straight girl than a gay guy.

15. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you Lambeau. I'm not super masculine, but I'm fit and certainly straight-acting (I really hate that LBGTQ community term, though, because I'm not acting - it's just how I am). And I have never had a thought about being female.:slight_smile:

16. Guff

17. Guff

18. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And, of course, Guff, you are the person you are. Unless you decide you are trans and maybe want to consider surgery to change that, you will always be the person you are with the body you have now. (And I know you presented this whole topic as theoretical, so I'm just saying...):slight_smile:

19. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, male and female bisexuality is the same, so I probably would have the same orientation....though I do think it would be easier. It sometimes seems almost like girls are EXPECTED to be bi. It seems people are never as shocked when bi girls come out, as compared to guys. Or is it just me?

I also feel like girls have more freedom in many areas. Particularly style(clothing), self expression, and hobbies. Girls can wear whatever generally, even guys stuff, and people barely notice. Even just in the ladies department, look at the variety of styles, colors, etc. Now compare to the men's department.(I have no issues with men's clothes, btw. I quite enjoy wearing them). Girls who are into sports are generally considered hot by most guys(including me) and most people don't care otherwise. But a guy who likes, say, soap operas and musical theatre could be the straightest guy on earth, but he'll probably get ridiculed and most girls will probably look at him a bit funny.

I probably wouldn't be single either. My biggest reason for being single is being shy in that department(asking people out, etc.). I wouldn't have to worry, someone would have made a move by now.

So from that perspective, yeah, it would be easier. But being female also comes with a slew of problems being a guy doesn't. So no, I don't think my life would be easier or better. Just different.

#19 BrookeVL, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  20. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey clustergazelle, great Shinedown reference with your signature quote. Great song and a great band. I think a lot of us feel like leaving home is a Second Chance for LGBT people.:thumbsup:

But I think Guff's initial question revolved around whether or not we ever felt that you ever wished we were born the opposite gender, not just the reasons it might be impractical.:slight_smile:

Stay strong, my friend!:slight_smile:

#20 Quantumreality, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016