1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hispanics for Trump"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Aug 31, 2016.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I find this so offensive. If you are pro-trump then you are NOT hispanic.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I, too, have felt ashamed for how many Mexican-Americans are rabidly pro-Trump.

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do they know that we dont?

As a white male, I say screw Trump.

4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    They are not Mexicans. I don't have a problem with chicanos identifying themselves as mexicans but if you are going to support anti-Mexico politics, don't have the nerve to claim that heritage. Those so called "hispanics who vote for Trump" are people who never had any contact with their culture in any shape or form, they don't live in Latin America.

5. dreamcatcher

I personally think you must hate your heritage a bit to be Hispanic and vote for Trump but I think I can understand where they come from. I think most of the Hispanics voting for Trump are Hispanic immigrants who came to the US legally and hate that illegals are "stealing" their opportunities. Some of my dad's close friends are voting for Trump (all Hispanic) and that is what they said. They also think that because they came from poverty and succeeded on their own without any government help, others shouldn't receive any help either as it isn't fair. I don't agree with their views but that's just how some Latinos that are voting for Trump think.

6. Xochipilli

I feel the same!

But :lol: at all the delusional bitches.

7. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    But don't they still have family in Latin America even if they got there legally? I mean, if they support Trump it means that they don't care at all about Latin America. To me they are american citizens who just happened to have a hispanic surname, period.

My uncle is a legal immigrant and he's not voting for Trump (well, he's not voting for anyone because he is a Jehova's witness but even if he could he wouldn't vote for him). That's the kind of thing that you would do if you were in America longer than... 2 or 3 generations. It's like Eva Longoria claiming Mexican heritage when she's a 9th generation. It means that her family has lived there for two centuries and that her values and culture have nothing to do with Mexico anymore, but I guess it fits her agenda to consider herself "mexican".

#7 edy, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  8. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see how voting preferences can change anything about one's heritage. God forbid someone think differently.

9. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    And what the heck do these people know about being hispanic if they can't even tell what it feels like to live here in Latin America? Of course, voting for someone who hates our people and culture so much doesn't affect them. They have it so easy in America.

If they want to vote for him, it's their prerogative but don't claim something that you are not. Mexicans don't vote for Trump.

#9 edy, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  10. dreamcatcher

My dad's friends immigrated from Cuba. And the other is Dominican, like my family, and he also was born in the Dominican Republic. Yeah they have family in Latin America, but like I said, they want things done the "legal" way. They are blinded by their obsession with things being "equal" and others not taking advantage of the system. So it's not just Hispanics that have been in the US for a long time, unfortunately. However, I think these Hispanics are a small minority and hopefully us Latinos that don't want him to win will do our part in the election.

11. AlamoCity

As a Mexican American, I never crossed a border and my family has been in the United States since this was a part of Mexico. The border crossed my family not the other way around, several times: Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederacy, USA. So you have great diversities within even the Mexican American community.

I am a 5th generation Texan/American and I speak fluent English and Spanish, and have little culture of Mexico in me, who won't vote for Trump.

12. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its a shame you cant stand someone having a different opinion to you :roflmao:

besides some Hispanics for Trump would find your statement saying they're not hispanic 'so offensive'

13. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    If they are hispanics how come they can vote for a politician who is clearly so anti-hispanic?

14. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Chickens for KFC 2015!

Yeah... I've seen groups sometimes advocate for people or mindsets against them in several cases and it never ceases to confuse me. In fact there's a good bit locally, and I can't help but see it as self-destructive.

15. faustian1

"Chickens go in, pies come out..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae50P_ajLxA

16. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family came over from Italy "illegally"(I'm not sure if there was such a thing in the 1930's), and my grandmother on my mom's side's family fled here from Nazi Germany. Again, probably not legally. I'd feel like a hypocrite voting for someone with such a harsh stance on immigration. If it wasn't for illegal immigration, I probably wouldn't have been born in the first place.

But to be honest, there's a whole host of other reasons not to vote for Trump...

17. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are actually a bunch of Mexicans who support Trump as well as black supporters, and Jewish supporters, and Christian supporters. Politicians never exclusively draw in one race, religion or group of people.

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so confused. You have to have family in Latin America to be Hispanic?

19. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, you do

20. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trump isn't anti-Hispanic, he's anti-illegal immigration. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are people of every ethnicity, race, and culture who support Trump. It is a multifaceted issue. Maybe some of them think illegal immigration is a threat to security, or maybe they just really dislike Hillary, maybe they're Republicans who feel strongly about their party, or they agree with him on issues other than immigration. Most of the time, it isn't about hating an ethnicity. You should probably listen to both sides of an argument before making such broad, egregious assumptions.

A lot of people would probably think it's offensive that you would say they can't identify with their culture, which might mean a lot to them. You can criticize their beliefs without denying a part of who they are.

#20 baconpox, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016