1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give me a shot at interpreting your dreams!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by slickrick, Sep 4, 2016.

1. slickrick

slickrick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm currently working on a book on dream psychology.

Dream interpretation is misunderstood... it's nothing 'magical' or 'mystical' but based on the notion that our dreams offer us an insight into our emotions and state of mind.

If you have recurring dream, a dream or image from a dream that particularly stands out to you, I can offer some insight into the symbolism and help you figure out what it might mean.

2. Awkward Balloon

I've always suffered with night terrors growing up, although they've sort of settled down in recent years. In their place I've started hallucinating at night instead, but these in general aren't recurring.
    But I do have a distinct memory of one dream that haunted me as a child and I'd love to see what you make of it!

The dream was always very short, and from what I can recall it was always the exact same.
    It was always in the first person, so I'm assuming that I was always experiencing things from my own body. I was in an area of almost nothing. There was a floor, but I don't think there were walls. The floor was a very light grey colour, almost white but not quite. There didn't seem to be a limit to the area, it just spanned in every direction for as far as I could see. The colour of the surroundings was that of the floor, and there was no distinction in the ground and the sky when I looked into the distance.
    Then, straight ahead of me in the distance I could see a humongous boulder drop from nowhere. It landed on the ground, and it made no sound. When I say massive I mean it was probably larger than your average two-storey house.
    Then slightly closer, a smaller boulder would fall. And then another, and another, each falling closer to me and decreasing in size. My feeling of dread and terror would grow as each successive rock hit the ground before me.
    Finally, right before my eyes, the last rock would fall. At this stage it would only be a pebble, maybe finger-nail sized.
    And then I'd wake up screaming, crying, weeping or all three.

A few weeks ago I had a recurring hallucination that I'll describe to you too in case it's of any interest to you!
    In my room I have a desk that is in the corner right beside my door. My room is oddly shaped, so that it is actually shaped like the letter 'd' . The door is at the top of the stem of the 'd', literally at it's left-most corner. The desk is opposite it.
    My bed lies in the middle of the curved part of the 'd', although the room is cornered rather than rounded. Anyway I had to describe this so you could understand where I was experiencing this from. I would be lying in my bed, and I couldn't see my door, only the desk and the desk chair.

So initially I woke up and saw a girl enter my room. She just walked from the door (which of course, I couldn't see. But she entered from that direction) and sat down in my spinning desk chair with her back to me. She just started oscillating left and right, but never turning to face me. As I watched, I could see a figure standing to her left, as if he had his back to my door. I couldn't see him clearly, because he was hidden in a shadow cast by my wall and also wearing all black. This man (I assume it was a man) was just standing there watching the girl spin. Then something lunged at me from the centre of the room, and I jumped out of bed with fright. Then the hallucination ended and I came back to reality. I didn't sleep that night, I just sat in bed watching TV in case she came back.
    The following night the girl came back and was spinning, but she was alone this time. I observed for a little bit, but eventually got afraid and turned on the over-head lights, causing her to vanish.
    The next night I woke up and the chair was empty, but still swaying. I knew this was a prequel to her appearance, so I quickly turned on the light to stop it. I turned my chair upside down and draped a blanked over it to stop her from coming back that night.
    Later I woke up and she was beneath the blanked, contorted under the chair, slowly moving. I couldn't see her face, just her arms and legs with some of her hair peeping from the bottom.

These all happened in succession over a period of three of four nights. Since then I haven't seen her at all, but I did wake up to find the chair was floating about 30cm above the ground and at an angle of 45 degrees, just turning.

Sorry if I gave too much information, but I thought including all minor details would be important if you're going to attempt to interpret them! Also I apologise if the second half of the post is completely irrelevant, but it seems like something you might be able to interpret in some way. Thanks in advance!

3. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I woke up this morning from an amazing dream I had last night.

At first I met these two guys and one of them I found very attractive. We for some reason went to the airport on scooters. Once we arrived, we took a lift, arrived at the terminal, and I think that the two guys had to leave. I looked at the guy that I fancied and he smiled back. I thought that my first kiss was going to happen and I felt a funny butterfly feeling in my stomach. I then woke up.

What did this dream mean? By the way, the two guys were my age and gay (I'm male too) and I think that that was the first time that I fell in love with a man.

Thank you! :grin:

4. slickrick

slickrick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey RainbowsFactory, thanks for sharing your dream with me! I get the impression that you've been feeling more comfortable with your sexuality recently? This is a really positive dream... I sense that you're feeling optimistic about the future and the paths open to you. I hope I'm right :slight_smile:

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a repeated dream in which all my teeth fall out. I've heard this indicates anxiety.

6. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you very much for the interpretation! I think that you are right because I have recently been very comfortable with my sexuality and I am feeling very optimistic about what awaits me in the future. Thank you very much! :grin:

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recurring dream of a Victorian workhouses at varying historical periods. Each time I have the dream, between 30 and 50 years have passed. I began as a child worker in Victorian times, then a refugee in the war, and finally a child at a summer camp in the 90's (or what I believe to be the 90's). During the final dream, the workhouse had been converted into a Victorian museum.

Carnival with people standing on each others shoulders, forming a pyramid rather than a triangle.

Chased by a werewolf into a house. Tried to run through the back door, but was spooked by black dogs. Hid in a pile of dirty washing, but was found by the wolf.

Rapist on the loose. Said rapist breaks into my house. I put him in a box and burn him alive.
    Like, that one really freaked me out. Woke up at 3am and had to check the house.

Dreamt I was being bitten by tiny crocodiles in a museum where I worked. Not entirely sure why.

Dreamt I was being chased by the mummy from Scooby Doo.

Dreamt Poison Ivy was flirting with me etc, but my parents were there, so I had to pretend I wasn't into it and was totally straight.

Dreamt I had sex with a friend, only to be woken up the next morning by the deputy head teacher, who was mad that we weren't at school.

Ended up at Hogwarts with my friends, where I enjoyed way too many drinks and they staged an intervention. Chased through the halls and into the theatre by shadowy figures. Joined the Ghostbusters with Deadpool and tried to stop Mary Poppins from haunting a country manor. Turned out she could control people. She then boarded our car and made us drive away. That's where I woke up.

In conclusion, I have weird dreams. I suppose they are better than the nightmares I used to have almost every night, but still. I'm sorry if you can't make heads or tails of them, I certainly can't, though I have ideas.

8. slickrick

slickrick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey Awkward Balloon.... really interesting stuff. The dreams about the boulders and rocks, especially since you mentioned you woke up feeling distressed, were likely representations of you feeling criticized or insulted by someone. The emptiness and the gray may represent feelings of confusion, isolation or insecurity.

The hallucinations seem a little more complicated and I think I'd have to know more about you to analyse this. If I believed in ghosts, I'd even say your house is haunted dude! That would scare the shit out of me!

Sweet dreams x:sleep:

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2016 at 02:15 PM ----------

Libra Neko, you are right.... teeth falling out dreams are one of the most common dreams and indeed indicate anxiety about something in your waking life over which you feel you have little control.

9. AlamoCity

I don't usually have recurring dreams but I had a weird and very lucid one last night:

My mom and I were shopping at the stores and we decided on a whim to go to Mexico (it's several hours away by car). We then stopped at the last major American city before the border and went shopping again at another outlet mall, but needed to get gas.

At the gas station, which was full of patrons and near a highway overpass, there was an Indian man (from India, his ethnicity was very clear in the dream) that had a kiosk where you could put your ID and credit card and it would make sure it would work across the border. It was very fishy and even my mom did it and others were "amazed" at how great a service the man was providing. I remained skeptical. He even handed out business cards, which I grabbed by the tip to ensure his fingerprints were on it. I also took his face picture secretly with my phone.

I then cornered him and told him what scam he was running and if he was stealing credit card information from the people and he said he would take a small "charge" for the service he was providing. I then asked him how could he charge anything if people did not give their consent to the charge and he said they wouldn't notice a few dollars slipping out of their accounts and/or were too stupid to realize what he was doing and nobody would believe me. I then told him he was a fraud and what he was doing was illegal.

I then privately called the police and as the sirens were nearing he ran away and the kiosk that would scan credit cards and IDs was destroyed electrically from the inside. I remember holding his business card with his fingerprint ready to give it to the police and thinking how dumb people were to trust people with things like this. I then woke up.

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So...either I don't have any dreams or I don't remember them.

11. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so ....interpret this for me please. I've been having this recurring dream for several years about this guy that I had became very close to. On the evening that we were engaged into some really intense sex...our friendship ended..you see, the guy was supposedly straight initially but once our bond became closer, he admitted that he was having feelings for me and not in a friendship way but due to the fact that his family were homophobic, he could not risk not having them in his life if he was to come out to them. Therefore, that night...he kept telling me he loved me and then he left without even saying goodbye and since then...I never heard from him again. The thing is...I have moved on in my real life but I honestly can't understand why I am having these dreams about him. So...what can you tell me and thanks so much in advance...JS

12. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so a few months ago I had a dream that she was pregnant and baby due mid September. Although normally these are great news I was devastated for several reasons. Very stressful dream..

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a dream that I was watching the Simpsons and Bart and this old lady were having a blast together. Well anyway they end up on a blimp and the old lady says "can I show you something?" And Bart's like "yeah!" And she pulls up her skirt and she didn't have any underwear on either and she says "this is my vagina but I like to call it my meatloaf" and her pubes looked like grapes. Sorry if this is so vulgar.

Can you please explain to me why I had this dream?

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly recurring in that I haven't had it in a few year, but in total I have had it 4 times though.
    The people never change though the ages do change depending on how old I am in real life. You'll see what I mean when I describe it. So 12 in real life means max age of 14. 15-18 16-20 18-18

It starts off on a space station orbiting Mars. It is a colony station as well as a research facility. Everyone there is under the age of 14. The dreams starts off with a view of the space station when a sudden explosion rocks a section of it. Lights flash and inside alarms are blaring. Children and teens are stampeding over one another trying to get out of the damaged section before the area closes itself off. More explosions rock the station and now everyone is trying to get to an escape pod. I'm running down a hallway trying to pull kids off the floor and pushing them along towards some empty pods. I know that if I stop to help everyone my chances of living will be null, I'm one of the people in authority and it is my job.
    At some point I'm pushed to the side by a guy my age. Catching a glimpse of him i recognize him as my enemy/rival. The guy who is needlessly mean to me. In the dream I simply refer to him as Greer.
    The dream skips and I am rushing down the hallway towards one of the last pods available. Behind me explosions and a wall of fire are catching up quick. As I slide into the pod and hit the button to close the doors another person rushes in and barrels right towards me. It's Greer. I'm thrown off my feet by the pod being rocked by an explosion on the station, but the explosion also knocks the pod free. My head slams against the side of the pod and I pass out.

I wake up in some sort of hospital run by captor (dinosaur) like aliens. They are friendly and let me walk around after explaining I was on Mars. The pod had crashed in red desert but I had been brought back to a teraformed area. I was also told that me and Greer were the only ones to crash on Mars, the fate of the others were unsure.
    I take a walk around the place I'm at and find myself on a beach where a surf competition is being held. For some reason Greer is competiting and winning. As much as I hated to admit it, he looked pretty damn kid. In a freak turn of events the wave he is on grows into a tidal wave that washes on to the beach. Everyone is okay but me and Greer are taken back to the hospital where we are forced to share a room. We start talking about different things (can never remember what) and before I know it talking leads to kissing which then leads to more which leads to me waking up.

15. SHIELDAgentAlex

So this is a recurring nightmare I've been having every so often for a couple years.

I'm in the middle of a field, and it's all sunny and pretty-like. As I'm walking--I'm fairly certain that I'm going to my Granma's house--I start to feel like something's wrong. And then a bunch of butterflies come out of the grass and land on me. At first, it's fun--butterflies, ya know? But then, more start coming, and they're weighing down my arms and legs, and crawling in my face and throat, and I'm slowly choking to death on butterflies, and the last thing I see before I "die" and wake up is one crawling across my eyes. The hell is this?

Also, I just had one where I was on a staircase at school, but it was a slide because of course it was a slide, and Gillian Anderson was at the bottom yelling racial slurs at the teachers. Once more, the hell?!

16. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then there is a dream I had a few months ago that I can't forget.

Me and another trans male friend were at the gym working out. Gaining muscle was important to him since he doubted he'd be able to ever transition since coming out would mean being disowned by his family. I had started T a year before and passed pretty well.
    My friend leaves and as soon as he is gone he is replaced by a guy about my height, has a swimmer build, and a small amount of hair on his chest. His hair is a very light brown, almost blonde, and his eyes are a a vibrant shade of blue. He is friendly and smiles a lot, gives off the vibe of a person who is naturally kind and goofy. I had an instant crush. I don't know how long we talked before we left together to get some pizza. For some strange reason there was a group of gay 20+ year Olds have a Disney movie marathon. He knew some of the guys and we were both asked to stay. We sat on the floor, he was right next to me, so closer I could feel the heat he radiated off.
    Immediately my brain switches to worrying mode. "What if he finds out I'm not really a man?" I mean I hadn't had top surgery yet so surely he would know if our time together moved on to something more intimate.
    But then I start mentally yelling at myself for saying I wasn't a real man. I am a trans man but that doesn't mean that I'm not a real man.
    I had this mental argument for a few minutes and was so caught up in it that I didn't realize he was talking to me till he touched my arm, which startled me and caused me to jump to my feet.
    Embarrassed I walk out the pizza parlor only to find a bad thunder storm had blown up. I couldn't walk home in that so I was forced back into the parlor, where he was on his way to ask what happen. Very nervously I begin to explain that I am transgender and that I hadn't had any surgeries yet. As I'm talking it occurs to me that not once has he actually made it clear that he was interested in me outside of being a friend. My face heats up in a blush as I force myself to look at his face.
    I wake up before I can see his reaction.

17. 101DeadRoses

Okay. See if you can figure this shit out.

Had this dream a while back.

Basically, I find myself as a dragon slayer. Something happens, and I wind up in the dragon's lair. Only it looks like it's a Japanese temple of some kind, in a man-made cave system. Everything is very bright and vivid and almost psychadelic in a way. Then, I find the dragon's "attendant", standing by the dragon's lair which is just a short stretch of subway tracks. The attendant is my (very not Japanese) father, in a kimono, and he had magic powers and light swords coming out of his hands. Then I woke up.

Have fun with that. :lol:

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a few dreams for you to analyse...

Most of my weird dreams play off in my previous town, which is weird in itself. It's almost like I'm still living there, even though we've moved 5 years ago... Anyway, here goes:

Dream 1

This is probably the one dream that has really stuck with me, it's not recurring, but it was strange. Well, I'm in this big open space with lots of people around. There are a couple of things going on, like you'd get at a fair. There were a few bath tubs standing loose at the one spot. I felt tired so I went to lie down in one of these tubs. I opened my eyes and there were people standing all around me, most male, with one female. They all wanted to have sex with me, but I pointed to the woman, who was dressed in leather, and told the men that I only want her. Then, next thing I know, I'm flying, and I look down at the other people and used my flame thrower to set them on fire

Dream 2

This is a recurring dream. I'm driving and when I wanted to brake, there were none, and the car kept speeding up, I lost all control over it and I usually wake up right before I crash

Dream 3

In my previous town, I was walking to the corner store and saw this vehicle speeding down the street. Then two girls, around the age of 9-12, fell out of the rear window and rolled before coming to a halt. The driver of the vehicle stopped a few meters from there, and I remember not knowing whether to check on the girls, or tell the driver what a terrible father he is to not keep his kids buckled. My dream ended there.

Dream 4

This scene plays out in the upstairs bathroom of my previous home. I went into the bathroom and closed the door. Then I saw that the floor and bath tub was full of brown-and-beige striped snakes, ranging in sizes from a few centimetres to about a metre. The smaller snakes started biting my heels and feet and lower legs, and the bigger snakes hissed at me... Can't remember what happened next

Dream 5

I was again at some sort of fairgrounds. There was a pavilion of sorts and lots of horses running around with sparkly saddles and feathers on their heads, like you get in the circus. My dad was upset with me because I let the horses run around like lunatics, and in the dream I got drunk, then he scolded me for that too. I don't remember more details. But I have to add that I have never been drunk in real life. Strange.

19. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Might as well say a few of the wilder ones I've had, I tend to remember them easier due to how far they are from reality.

First was when I was a very young child, I was in some sort of misshapen version of the city of Paris. Lost in a seemingly endless hedge maze, I'd stare up at the sky that looked like something in between an oil slick and the wild paint job of a 60's van. The Eiffel tower stood above, topped with a rather humorous anomaly; a giant smiling pineapple wearing a pair of thick dark sunglasses. The odd sky had opened up in what I may call a rift tear that started to rip the fantasy world apart, A few things I don't recall, and I woke up shortly after.

Sometime later, I had cried myself to sleep over something I have long forgotten. I fell into a clear and featureless white space, the emptiness seemingly never ending. I stood up and looked around, walking forwards but going nowhere. Eventually, I had a sudden and sharp pain in my back, and turned around to the very same emptiness. It happened again, faster and faster. Something was attacking me without warning or mercy, something I couldn't see or fight. My flailing strikes were pointless, as the uncaring being was seemingly incorporeal. I gave up, falling to the "ground" below me and curling up, accepting my fate. I then woke in a panic, paranoid about the attacker for a fair bit of the morning until I realized it wasn't coming back.

I was a bit less young of a child when this one came around but I recall very little of it other than that I was inside the a natural labyrinth of soil dug by giant ants, and I ventured through it before eventually meeting my demise to a giant soldier ant. This one was noteworthy because when I woke up the ant was still there. When I looked out from hiding beneath the covers I could see the huge insect staring back at me, sitting oddly humanlike in my nearby beanbag chair. After hiding for a while I looked back out and it was gone, apparently my brain had realized it was an illusion. This one was the most real, but when I was young I'd often see terrifying sights in place of objects upon waking, so I'd take any hats or plush figures and put them away, closing the closet and cabinets.

The most recently I had a dream I was some sort of creature much like a "were-panther" resting upon a moving train. I was quickly met with armed men who tried to gun me down and I didn't fight back at first, but when I had enough I had gotten a bit vicious. About half of them were dead and I was losing, so I'd jumped off and limped away. The city was completely lifeless, in fair condition but void of life. The lights remained lit among the buildings in prime condition yet there was nobody to maintain them. I had struggled into one of the empty alleyways and bled out, apparently going unconscious around the time I ironically regained consciousness in reality.

I doubt they're anything but manifestations of my fear, as I'm a rather paranoid and worrying individual. When I was younger they were often very unrealistic and distorted, but gradually became more lifelike and fearsome. At the same time they've become more rare but as usual nightmares are more frequent.

Lets just say I feel it's a valid reason for me to never watch horror movies or play games of the genre, I don't want to encourage these dreams or give them any extra fuel.

20. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm…where to start? I’ve certainly had my fair share of weird dreams. My latest dream being one where I kept being run over by a truck, even though I wasn’t even on a road and I kept dodging out the way but this truck was determined to run me over and when it did I didn’t feel any pain or die, I just kept going and kept getting annoyed at this truck which no one was driving.

Then there are the other dreams I’ve previously written about. I don’t tend to have reoccurring dreams (although I have in the past) but reoccurring themes are common for some reason. Like donkeys, changes in appearance, cleaning, nudity, and gender. Also, being chased, hiding from something, gore/violence, being trapped, confusion, dying, being run over, being sacrificed, friends/family members dying and no one else caring but me, are common themes in my nightmares. Also failing tests.

Some dreams I’ve written about before include-

There’s also this: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...7639-very-gendered-dream-what-could-mean.html

Sorry for spamming the thread a little here.

I’m the same, I have enough horror in my nightmares already, I don’t need more of it!

#20 Canterpiece, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016