1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your most memorable coming out experience?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowsFactory, Sep 4, 2016.

1. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, it was probably my first coming out. Also me coming out to my mum. (She was supportive of it!) <3

Another very memorable one was when I came out to my friend and it went like this:

Me: "I am gay."

Her: "Me too!"

Me: "OMG That's amazing!!"

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine's not exactly the good kind of memorable. My brother tried to blame someone I'd dated once, like they'd somehow convinced me to question my gender.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most memorable?

My sister telling me I could never bring my girlfriend at the time to any family events or let her be around her kids, and that she'd never be part of the family...

I was living with her at the time, and moved out that day.

Other than that, most people already kind of had a clue (especially my mother, who was the most supportive)....

4. SHIELDAgentAlex

My mom crying and rambling on about Jesus before I just shut up and rolled with it.

On a positive note, one of my friends apparently didn't get the memo for a month after I'd come out at school, and when she found out it was when she asked me out.

Two months after that, she kicked a guy in the nuts for calling me a faggot. And she got away with it.

5. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Last coming out encounter. A few of my friends were trying to guess my type. One of them tried narrowing it down said "Boy or girl?" When I responded girl, the friend who hadn't said much and hadn't been there for the other half of the conversation the day before stopped in mid-bite with her apple and was staring at me, since she had no idea whatsoever, and I knew that she had been questioning earlier in the calendar year(don't know if she still is). She put the apple down and hugged me, celebrating the fact that she finally had a lesbian friend. It was hilarious, because she had always thought that it was so cool that I wore a rainbow bracelet all the time, but had never really associated it with me possibly being queer.