1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josef Fritzl gets life in prison for incest-rape and murder.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mysterons, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090319/wl_nm/us_austria_incest_14

I'm surprised there're no threads about this. It has to be the most twisted and sinister case I've ever seen. How can someone be so fucking perverse? And on top of that, what was his wife doing while all that happened? I can't fathom how could she not notice there was something going on in her own house. And if she knew but remained silent nonetheless, she's someone to blame as well.

2. Mr Bojangles

I personally think he should get the same as he gave - but that would be unfair under human rights law.

3. Remington

I think we should have a real life Jigsaw and torture him.

That's real justice, in my opinion.

4. Mr Bojangles

Wanna play a little game?

(I have the Jigsaw puppet somewhere)

But yeah, some creative punishment would be very fitting.

5. EM68

Too bad Austria does not have the death penalty.

6. Hugo Boss

I don't get how the family living the normal life didn't realise there was a family in the secret basement?

wtf?!

7. Colly

Whatever happened to the days of being hung, drawn and quartered?

8. Just Adam

i blame the wife aswell. did she never ask why you in the basement so much :S and whats that screaming.... :S

9. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I actually don't believe in an eye for an eye even in extreme cases like this.

Unfortunately there will always be a very minute amount of people within a population that cause harm or suffering whether through ignorance or on purpose.
    It's just the way of the human race...

10. Colly

That's a valid point. But as for the screaming, the basement may have been soundproofed. This still does not condone the lack of investigation by her as to why he's in the basement so much.

11. Just Adam

i agree this shall always exist in society as their is evil that shall always remain in the hearts of men :frowning2:

12. Mickey

I read somewhere that the father was a tyrant and his wife was deathly afraid of him.
    That's probably why she didn't question him.
    This sick son-of-a bitch needs to be put in solitary confinement for the rest of his twisted life. I do agree with the death penalty in certain cases,but I'd like to see this monster rot in jail and to have NO access to other people,no books,no t.v.,no anything. I think that would be a more just punishment than killing him. Killing him would be too easy a sentence.
    Let him live out his days the same way he forced his daughter to.

13. Colly

Might I suggest making him go insane. Lock him in a padded cell with nothing in it, without light too. Because I'm sure that's how his daughter felt.

14. Mickey

I think making him go insane would be a rather short trip for him!
    Leaving him alone in a cell with no outside stimuli would pretty much accomplish this.
    I'd just like to see him rot in jail and live to be 100,doing so.

15. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I feel so sad that human society still produces people like this. You can't even imagine how messed up he must be inside. I just hope he starts to improve himself before he dies, although I can't see how you can even start to pull yourself up when you've become so twisted. It's worse than an animal. It's just tragic.

But saying that he should be killed or left in solitary confinement or tortured or whatever acheives nothing. It just brings yourself to his level and continues the cycle of misery. Although what he did was horrifying and terrible, we must still believe in human compassion for him. We should try to redeem these people, not demonise them. They're a part of our society and we are all responsible for society.

#15 Psychedelic Bookmarks, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  16. Adelric

Took the words right out of my mouth.

17. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he shouldn't get away with it that easily.

Let him rott in jail, the same way he let those kids rott.

18. Greggers

*nod* i agree. If what he did is so horrible that we have to go back and do it to him? Isnt what we are doing the same thing we just called "so horrible"?

He should not be let into society, of course, because he should not be allowed to endanger others, but he should get some human decency.

19. kettleoffish

I am also for showing him humanity. I do not believe in the death penalty, or torture of any form under any circumstances, and I think we can all agree that this case would count as 'extreme circumstances'.

I'm not blind, I know that there is no way in which he can, or should, ever be re-integrated into normal society, and he needs punished for what he has done, but an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is never the right way to do so. I think life imprisonment is the right punishment for him. Whatever he has done, he is still a human being, and simply by being so, deserves human rights.

There must be something seriously wrong with this man to allow him to do this, I know he was deemed in control of his own thoughts and 'sane' in the trial, but would someone who was truly sane really do what Josef Fritzl has done?