1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My straight best friend caught me flirting with her

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beunfathomable, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Beunfathomable

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have a crush on my friend who came out as gay a few years ago, and then when I told her that I was also a lesbian she told me that she actually wasn't gay. Probably because of my young age (teens) and personal conflict I was VERY confused as to what her sexual orientation was. And tonight, we hung out at my house and after I dropped her at home she started texting me all freaked out and started asking me "WHAT WAS THAT" (referring to the flirting). Although she started out trying to get me to admit to it, she eventually just said that she couldn't help but notice that I was kinda flirty. What do I do?!? I responded by saying that I didn't mean to be flirty and that she's straight anyway so I wouldn't try.. It's just that I'm afraid that she'll tell some of my other friends. Also, I invited her to my birthday party coming up soon and don't want things to be weird in case she doesn't feel the same way.:eusa_doh::bang::icon_redf

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let her know you didn't mean to make her uncomfortable, and hope that she will be mature and understand that you aren't fully out yet. Tell her if she wasn't receptive to the flirting that you won't continue to do so, and hope things won't be awkward in your future interactions.

I always found it odd how receptive my female friends were to my flirting... but not everyone finds flirting flattering.

I hope things get sorted out with your friend! Just know that this sort of thing happens. (*hug*)