1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Watched Victor Victoria

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueBanana, Sep 9, 2016.

1. BlueBanana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just watched a movie called Victor Victoria about a gay guy and a girl-pretending-to-be-a-guy-pretending-to-be-a-girl with my mom, who doesn't yet know I'm LGBT (undecided, just not straight). Often times when the gay main character discussed his sexuality openly I felt a ting of jealousy. Also, when this very annoying female character appeared, my mom told me to not marry a women like that :/ (felt very uncomfortable for me)

Early in the movie, the guy said that he "chose to be gay". I mentioned that they don't choose to be gay. My mom replies with talking about how they have a bit of denial and then accept it. It took all my selve control to not to tell her how correct she is.

Overall I very much enjoyed the movie, and I haven't seen that many movies with LGBT main characters so that was a plus. That was probably a missed oppurtunity to come out, though.

Anyone else seen/like that movie?

2. AmyBee

I saw it when I was a kid but I honestly don't remember a lot about it. It's one of those movies though that I was VERY interested in when I was little that I pretended I wasn't into.