1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darsch Hielle, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never thought I would say this, but I am going to a Pride event tomorrow! I'm still not out to my parents, but I'm going with my school's GSA, as an "ally."

Anyone have stories about pride events they're been to?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure how good it could have been considering I went by myself [I saw two people I knew from high school and said "hi" but that was it] but I enjoyed listening to the music. I didn't stay for the parade but my friend who couldn't come this year but has been before said it was really good and accepting. There was a lot of smoking, which was my main reason for going early, but I tried to stay away from that as much as possible [which involved listening from the bar].

3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to my first one ever this year too. I went alone but I met a lot of new people and just generally had a ton of fun! And I even got a kiss from a cute girl! :slight_smile: I don't remember seeing anyone smoking during the parade itself, so that was luckily not a problem with the one hosted in my city.

Either way, I am sure you will have lots of fun! :icon_bigg

4. guitar

You should have a fine time. Go in with an open mind, and be sure to smile a lot. It's a great way to meet a lot of other LGBT people, and share some stories and laughs. :slight_smile: