1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently Trans Men Embarrass Trans Women...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Sep 12, 2016.

1. GayPugs

(Not sure where this thread should go, sorry if I put it in the wrong place.)

I was talking with this jerky trans woman online and she said trans men embarrass her and a bunch of other stuff about me being a "transmisoginost" I dunno what that means but...do any other trans women get embarrassed by trans men?

Just another reason why I wish I was cis...

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "transmisognist" - those who think you're women-hating for being AFAB transguy or non-binary. I wouldn't listen to it, it's just words that have nothing to do with you being trans but trying to make it seem so to try and stop you transitioning. I've only heard of this from cis people before though, so from a trans person seems odd.

... If she's embarrassed by you, what is she doing talking to you [?].

#2 Secrets5, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what this says about me, but most of the stuff I heard towards trans men is that they're garbage, shit, and abusive pieces of shit--and they're all lumped together so if you happen to be a trans man, they mean you too even if you aren't being an asshole or hurting anyone.

I think that's one of the reasons why I wish I was cis sometimes (and I've honestly considered either going stealth, leaving the community, or flat out ending my transition because of it), since I've gotten hazed by the community before simply because I'm a trans guy--especially when I try to stand up for myself when other project onto me.

#3 Daydreamer1, Sep 12, 2016
  4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really unfortunate. But don't mind such hate. This is a misplaced prejudice where one takes the actions of a few and projects them to all of us. It means nothing.

You will become the man you strive to be. Surround yourself with people who will build you up and appreciate you as a trans-man, rather than chop you down for a ludicrous reason.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen a lot of trans women say rude things like that. Just shrug it off. There are gonna be sexists/transphobes but they're just silly. Most trans women aren't going to be embarrassed by you, and if some are, they're usually just being bullies. I used to get really bothered by this, to the point of depression as a lot of insults used towards trans men would trigger my dysphoria, but you just got to shrug it off. There's nothing wrong with being who you are, if anyone says there is, no matter if they try to disguise it as a social justice-related thing, they're wrong.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like the typical SJW type garbage you see on Tumblr. There's a lot of extremist views there. Also, I'm not trans, but as a cis lesbian, I get harassed by SJW trans women a lot too, so I wanted to chime in.

A lot of trans women on tumblr have been bullying and harassing both trans men and cis lesbians, I see it all the time. It's not ok. Trans men may be men, but they still face transphobic oppression. Cis lesbians may be cis, but they still face homophobic oppression. We're not enemies and we don't deserve misdirected hate.

I'm also not saying all trans women are like this or that trans women don't suffer too, It's just the bad apples in the SJW community make them all look terrible.

7. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone can be an asshole. Simple.

9. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They can, anyone can embarrass anyone. But, transmen in general in no way embarass me, I don't see why they would.

#9 Blood Elf, Sep 12, 2016
  10. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm honestly just so confused by this kind of hate that I'm kinda of just??? Staring at my screen with squinted eyes???

Maybe the thought process is that you're like, betraying womanhood to become a man? And since women are already oppressed you should stay??? But that is such a reach. Like grasping at straws kind of reach. I completely ignores the biological reasons for being trans and how the brain is wired. Heck, I don't know anybody who wakes up and goes "Today, I wanna be trans, and experience all the stress and hatred that comes with it!!!1!!"

So yeah. Ignore her. Maybe avoid that website if it seems like a popular opinion on there.

11. GayPugs

For some reason I face a ton of sexism...from men...it always just confuses me because they're like, "Pffft you're a girl you can't like football!" and I'm like, *looks behind self* "Hmm? I don't see any girls here." xD

12. Jellal

Just sounds like an experience with a reactionary idiot who generalizes everything for dramatic effect. Fools like those are a dime a dozen.

13. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everyone has received the gift of knowledge, as unfortunate as that may be. Likely spent far too long on the wrong side of tumblr or so... :confused:

These strange double standards and prevalent sexism are what I feel to be remnants of past archaic culture that have to place in modern eras. When they aren't indoctrinated into some poor child's impressionable mind I suppose some can synthesize their own corruption.

14. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately the LGBT community isn't always as accepting as we would hope.

15. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard the "transmen/afab enbies are sex/gender traitors" bit before too. Such bullshit. And very toxic.

16. AmyBee

I don't know a lot of trans men, but every one I have met or talked to has been pretty cool. If I had to go on just personal experience, I'd say trans men are awesome. I actually think this in general anyway, but there it is. No one needs my approval but it's there anyway!

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just recently I heard someone (a cis "feminist") claim that trans men are just women who are trying to get their piece of "male privilege".