1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else feel the need to be controlled by someone/something?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainsworth, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ... And no, i'm not talking about abusive relationships or similar things some submissive men/women like to fantasize about, for some reason, i have enough respect for myself to not want someone to degrade me. i'm talking about someone who'd give me orders and i'll fulfill them, for a price. like for example.. bodyguards, they take orders from the person who hired them, and in return they get cash. that's exactly what i want to do for a living, it doesn't have to be necessarily guarding someone, though. it's about the concept of "getting orders and fulfilling them for a price".

i think it has something to do with the fact that i don't have the will to live or to do anything at all, so someone giving me orders would arrange my life and give it a sense of direction.

#1 Rainsworth, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And i should also add, that doesn't mean i'll mindlessly take orders from random people. it's just some one, a certain one. you could say i just want that person to arrange my life and give me a sense of direction cause i can't find that in me. and not in a violent/abusive manner, like we could discuss the things they want me to do together. i think the title may be a little bit misleading.

#2 Rainsworth, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like what you are saying is you have a lack of guidance in your life and you want a mentor to tell you what to do.

Where do you think this is coming from? Is this something new in your life? Has this been something you've felt for a long time?

4. Psaurus918

I know people that make a very good living being personal concierge for the rich.

They pretty much run other peoples lives for good money... They do their grocery shopping, clothes shopping, errands, car shopping, make their travel arrangements...

5. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure, i don't ever remember me having dreams/goals or anything. i always just, sorta existed. and the major depression that i have only made it far worse, it actually made me drop out of high school for two years and completely cut my ties with all my friends/relatives.

I kinda see why they choose this lifestyle. it's way easier for some people to just register orders and act upon them. you don't have to involve your feelings so you can just disconnect yourself and do your job. but for example, if i was the boss of a certain job i'd have to think about my actions and start doubting myself if i could make the right choices or not, on the other hand jobs like soldiers, bodyguards doesn't require that.

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of prefer the opposite, to have goals (which should be met eventually), but to be able to determine my own plan of attack.

However, I do know people who also prefer to be told what to do. I'm not sure if it applies to you, but they have told me that they can be lost in all possibilities if not having strict directions.

I prefer projects to be vague so that I can do what I want. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Those friends, however, prefer more set-in-stone guidelines to have some idea what to do. I've not studied psychology so I don't know where it comes from and what it means/indicates, unfortunately. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I'd say it's not uncommon what you're describing.

7. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, i'm no expert in psychology either. but since it's me i can give it a shot.

i think it's just the fact that i'm a weak-willed guy, i don't mean weak as in i let people walk all over me and treat me like shit, i can stand up for myself fine, but as in i give up easily, also i don't seem to trust myself at all. before getting my driving license, when i first started to learn how to drive my mother would give me her car and tell me to go drive around on main streets on my own, and i'd refuse cause i know there's a big chance i'd fuck up and cause an accident or something, and not having a license would make it worse. even though i drove on main streets before and do know how to drive fine, but i still didn't trust myself so i've waited til i got the license. so unless i 100% know how to do something i don't do it.

#7 Rainsworth, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  8. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Where is the depression coming from?

How often do you get criticized by your parents? Teachers? Friends? How does it make you feel?

#8 SkyWinter, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't say I do. I'm independent to a fault.

10. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Teachers criticizing me doesn't men anything to me. unless it's a teacher i like as a human being, which is quite rare. and they usually don't criticize me anyways cause i go to school for a purpose not to play around.

as for my parents, they do it a lot, and a lot of time it gets harsh, but i'll gladly accept it from them cause they're my parents, they've raised me and i know they're doing this for my sake, unlike teachers who only do things cause it's their job, most of them don't give a shit about the students.
    btw, i'm not a high school student anymore. that was couple of years ago.

I'm also independent when it comes to daily tasks, like ordering food, shopping and such, 99% of the time i do these things on my own, and i'm mostly alone when i'm out in public anyways so i have no other choice. i'm talking about the long-run here.

#10 Rainsworth, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it would be better to try to understand where all of this is coming from. Most of us take orders when we are employed, but you don't seem to be talking about that. The way I'm reading it, you want somebody to direct you through the ups and downs of life and that's not very positive or empowering for you. What would happen if said person is no longer around?

Taking guidance and advice from people is one thing, but receiving constant direction or allowing another person to dictate or control the course of our life leaves us rather powerless and dependent. I would suggest that's unhealthy for any capable person (and even people with more limited capabilities). It's not a situation I would recommend or wish to find myself in.

12. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why do you gladly accept criticism from your parents? What kind of criticism are we talking about here? Give me an example.

14. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is another side to this. Knowing how to step back and let others be dominant is not something negative. It empowers others and can defuse tensions. We tend to put too much value on independence and strength, ignoring the positives that come with submisiveness which helps strengthen connections between people and works to reduce hostility and create a more positive atmosphere. Control comes in different forms and consciously deciding to take a step back and let others lead is a perfectly reasonable choice.