1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troye Sivan Trilogy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Sep 15, 2016.

1. lovetoomuch

I feel absolutely foolish for only stumbling upon this just yesterday. Most of you may have very well seen this this video, so this is more directed at people who have not seen it (but of course feel free to comment if you have seen it!). Troye Sivan, released a three-part music video chronicling love between two young men, before one of the guy's father disapproves and essentially forces / convinces his son to be "straight"... and then there is a sad ending.

I have not been this emotional after watching a music video in a while. It's quite long (12 minutes), but worth every minute. I luckily did not receive a negative reaction from my family when I did come out, but unfortunately many LGBTQ+ people do. I definitely recommend giving it a watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xCMF7jsDJI

2. killswitch0029

I thought it was nicely put together. Didn't really care too much for the last song in the series but I still thought all the videos flowed greatly to tell a story

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's good stuff. I stumbled across it many, many months ago. When I realized that Troye Sivan was openly gay, I thought 'cool.' Then I stumbled on his Coming Out videos. In the first one he talked about watching all the YouTube Coming Out videos he could find and how they inspired him to Come Out. Well, that got ME watching all the YouTube Coming Out videos that I could find and that inspired ME to finally Come Out, too. I'd been thinking about Coming Out for a few years, but this whole sequence of events got me motivated to actually do it!:slight_smile:

4. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is basically how I did it too haha

Troye Sivan makes beautiful music aside.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, AlexanderDragon, I'm not normally a big pop music fan, but I've become a fan of his music - it speaks to me.:slight_smile: