1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Follow your dreams... Seriously.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jinkies, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been quite a while since I've been here, but because of that, I'm now typing this post in my student dorm in Eastern England. I know a few of you have been following my progress toward this point, but I'm also aware there are many newcomers here asking for support, so I really want to show that things do indeed get better, if you make an effort and surround yourself with people who support you. There's a big difference between that and a circlejerk, whereas the former will actually help you with what you want to achieve, and it's easy to say it, since I've gotten it firsthand.

I'm now in a very safe city where LGBT people are more than welcome. It's a pretty quirky, artsy-fartsy place, but it's still a lot of fun and everything I ever need is a stone's throw away from where I'm living. It's really wonderful. I've heard that classes aren't any sooner than 10 AM, but I'll confirm it when next week arrives. The people I'm living with now know I'm non-binary, and they're calling me by the name I prefer. They've also seen me with my boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure the only beef they might have is that I haven't been spending much time with them irl. That is, if there really is anything they have against me. My boyfriend just went off back to his hometown in Northern Ireland, leaving me with just about free reign for the weekend.

So, if there's anything you've ever wanted ALL your life or even just something you REALLY want to do, even if it's just get a bit of respect, or if you want to go to Oz or Mars or something, then I strongly encourage you to follow that. It can be even better than you hoped. And to put things into a bit of perspective, not 2 years ago, I was still self-harming with so many doubts about being able to be here in the UK, I lost my position here as a moderator, and now here I am. I don't want to be the only one of us to achieve that kind of thing, and I know I'm not alone with that thought. If you're still deep in the closet, plan a way to get out. Even if you have to go around everyone you know.

I'll probably stick around more often now, but do keep in mind that a lot of what I'll be doing for the next year(s) is everything I can do to keep myself in this country, so I might be gone for some periods of time. Probably not as long as it has been since I last popped in here, though :slight_smile:

I do want to thank everyone here who's helped and supported me all this way. It really, really helped. And again, if you've got something you want to do, do whatever you can to do it (unless, of course, it's murder or something)

- Logan

2. eMei

Ooh, welcome to East Anglia!! So glad you're liking it, good luck with all of your studies! :grin:

3. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would like to go visit Japan and become a jpop idol! :slight_smile: