1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend mad at me because i hung out with someone else without her

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Sep 17, 2016.

1. grungeteen

I hung out with an old friend today, just the two of us and when my best friend found out, she got mad because i didn't invite her. I don't know how to deal with her as she is being completely ridiculous and even said that because we're best friends we need to be inseparable and she doesn't seem to get that even though I love her, I want to have a life outside of her? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to hang out with this friend without my best friend (My best friend hasn't even talked to this old friend for more than a year). And i told her if she's so desperate for all of us to hang out why doesn't she arrange a meet up herself? She just went on accusing me of not caring about her and talking like she's the victim of 'rejection' etc. She kept on saying about how I 'never invite her to anything and always leave her out' when this is the FIRST time I haven't invited her to an outing? I've only seen this friend twice in the last year and I invited her the last time. She's just trying to make me sound like the bad guy when really she's just so needy and pretty much wants me to herself. I tried to be as nice as possible when talking to her but really I'm so sick of her attitude and it's absolutely ridiculous!

Is it really so wrong for me to want to spend time with others without her?!

2. ABeautifulMind

Is your friend gay or straight? It sounds like she may like you more than just a friend... maybe im reading too much into it, but that sounds like she has a crush on you.... Like she is not only all on your tip, but she is also sounding very jealous...

That being said, nothing wrong with wanting to spend some time without her. Just remain calm when she is in panic mode, and tell her it wasnt your intention to upset her. Keep telling her that until she accepts it...

3. Sealgirl19

I've gone through a similar situation with a close friend. Whenever my other friends would invite me out she would act passive aggressive towards me because I didn't invite her to go with. She wasn't into me but she did feel that I favored those friends more than her. She would constantly tell a mutual friend stuff like that and it's got to the point to where I had to talk to her about telling that friend about her issues with me instead of telling me directly. She continued to do it so we barely talk anyone.

I think you should confront your friend about the situation but if she continues the behavior I think it's time to give them some space.