1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your day like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jotheoneandonly, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jotheoneandonly

howdy ecers

so how was your day? d'you anything exiting you wanna rant about?

me, i went to church!! being mothers day, i picked daffodils and tidied the house a little and i went over to jos house after chuch, we played this great game where we where basically rolling around on the grass trying to get each other on to thier backs. if you succeded, then you won. we stopped after a while and just watched the clouds.

sigh. best day ever. and i've never felt so gay in my life.:lol:

2. Just Adam

werent you wrestleing trying to pin the other person? lol

ive played some frisbe almost attacked my ps3 stupid cod servers always empty and sitting here all tired out. :slight_smile:

3. jotheoneandonly

yeah, it kinda was wrestling, with out the rules :wink:

4. rocking23

well i can tell you what my day will be like today:

today is the last day of spring break and i had so much work i wanted to get done... but noooooo i had to watch tv and piss the time away (seemed like a good idea at the time:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

now im stuck! i will be doing hours of work today HHAHAHAHA

5. Apocalypte

Study... Finals start tomorrow. Blargle.

6. starfish

Not much today. I watched WALL-E this morning. Then I went to Costco and bought some stuff. I think I am going to run down to a coffee shop for a while and then hit the gym.

7. VanceA

I perfected my homage to my favorite canadian artist, in the form of a graffiti stencil. Had my birthday dinner with my parents and brother. and then got bored for a while.

8. HalfInsane

I woke up, had breakfast, and was working at Tim Horton's from 11-3. I'm going to be going to visit some friends in an hour or so. I may also work on an essay I have due in a few weeks... but... most likely not.

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woke up a little after noon
    Went to the local bookstore
    Had lunch with my mom and sister
    Went back to my mom's apartment
    Played Chrono Trigger obsessively
    Had a nap
    Woke up and came back to my dad's house

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    d'you anything exiting you wanna rant about?

I can go for a good rant. Today I was doing some computer work, swapping around optical drives, cleaning cases. I wish to rant about the following things:

IDE cables. These things are so unbelievably unwieldy. I want one hard drive and one optical drive per channel. Optical bays are in one place, HDD bays are in another place. No way the same cable will reach both places. Not to mention the two cables tangling each other. Now I'm stuck with both hard drives on one channel, which I don't want. Computer's too old to be worth buying new cables for.

heatsink fans. My computer has the fan screwed right into the heatsink. There's no actual screw holes, so it's wedged between prongs on the heatsink. I got it out, cleaned it, but getting it back on was a pain in the rear. I've encountered a number of heatsinks like this. How hard is it to actually put proper mounting points for fans?

Philips heads screws. Hello, 1936 called, they want their crappy screw design back. Seriously, these things suck, with so much screw rounding, and poor tracking, I don't know why Robertson screws aren't more popular. Especially since they predate Phillips. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screwdriver

Wireless internet. So slow, so error prone, I wish all our computers could be connected by Ethernet.

Floppy disks/drives. I had to work around this stupid contraption while routing my IDE cables. I have nothing but pure hate for floppies. So slow, so unreliable, so useless. I hate you just as much now as I did 18 years ago. I would be happy if I never, ever, have to use a floppy ever again.

11. Cool Beans

Today, I worked from 8-1 at the grocery store. Then I went over to the theatre for the final performance of the play I'm in, helped tear down the set, and went to the cast party (but only after getting lost in the Hell that is subdivisions).

12. marri

it was a gooood day,

my friend brought me amazing ginger cookies, from st bruno
    I went to go see a play my english teacher is in, whch was amazing
    the weather was GREAT
    had smoked meat sandwich for supper
    and on the bus ride home there were tons of people in a good mood coming back from the parade

I am soooo happy :slight_smile:

13. Mickey

My day was uneventful. I woke up,took the dog out,took a pain pill and went back to bed.
    It was a cold,damp day and it always raises hell with my body.
    Oh,and I had some oatmeal. Pretty boring stuff.
    I came on here before going back to bed,which I will be doing ,soon.
    Will take the dog out,one more time. Yipee!

14. Crazyfoo

I woke up in between two guys this morning with a small headache.
    I got scared for a minute because I didn't know where I was or what happenned last night, but then I remember and I just laughed.
    Had to go home because my friend had to work, so I got home, ate my breakfast, fell asleep for a few hours, took a shower, played some games, and now I'm here.
    Typical Sunday.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took someone new to the lacrosse game. That's always fun. We shouted ourselves hoarse again. But I had this weird kinda headache that wouldn't stop until I went to bed - that kinda sucked. Things even out.

Lex

16. xequar

I never knew these were called Robertson Screws. Thank you for teaching me something new! :slight_smile:

My day thus far... I had my first post-surgical follow-up with my orthopedic doc today. I'll hopefully get the adjustments for my spatial frame that's on my leg in the next day or two, since the images from the hospital weren't clean enough to use for the calculations. My doc is letting me do 25 percent weight-bearing, so that should be enough to allow me to drive my good car (instead of my old van). It turns out I still have some staph growing in the bone, but my infectious disease doc thinks the previous antibiotics I had taken will be sufficient.

And now, I'm at work. My knee's bothering me, so I just took some of my prescription pain pills and I have my leg propped on my spare chair. Hopefully it'll feel better soon so I can get some work done.

17. Amy

Amy

I woke up an hour and a half ago.
    I had a missed call from Gin.
    My phone won't let me answer calls now.
    My mom's new phone is probably getting here today, so I'll probably get her old one.
    I have too much Algebra to do.
    I want to sleep.
    Life is boring without texting...

That's gonna be my day.

18. VanceA

Pretty boring, Im actually watching paint dry. (im trying to get to to dry evenly to keep the texure i created.

19. Just Adam

my day i woke up to anser the door iv e tried going back to sleep none let me i been shooting some poeple in cod had a big lunch feeling ill now sat here wanting to sleep still

and a bit of guitar shredding

20. partietraumatic

i saw Rob Brydon ( a comedian) doing his live stand up show this evening. He was sooo fuuny,its been a long time since i laughed that hard!

Before that i went to see a couple of my friends in play at their school and they were raelly amazing. blew me away,it was really harrowing and moving

so good day all in all :slight_smile: