1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is hard about dating you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

What is something you feel your next partner would find difficult about dating you?

2. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lord where do I begin....

I have severe anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. I also tend to send people memes at six in the morning. I have meltdowns, problems functioning like a normal human being, and I space out a lot. I also obsess over one thing for a while and that's all I talk about- which would get really tedious quickly. I'm also forgetful and spend large amounts of my time on the Internet. I also need to plan things in advance (so last minute dates or something like that would not work out well) so I can prepare myself. I have extreme difficulty dealing with change or sudden deviation from the current or usual plan. A lot of this stems from my various mental health problems so if my future partner is not experienced with mental illnesses they're going to have a rough time. I also have the tendency to not put on pants until two in the afternoon of I don't have to do anything.

Lmao this makes me look really bad but I have redeeming qualities so I'll probably get to be in a relationship eventually

3. caitlin375

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm it depends on who they are as a person. I'm very independent so I need a lot of space and free time. I date people who have a similar mindset though so it doesn't often become a problem thankfully.

I guess the most difficult thing would be that I struggle to commit to anyone. I'm not a commitment phobe as such I just don't become emotionally attached to people very often, I struggle to form that kind of closeness. I'd love to one day and find myself in love with another person....it just doesn't seem to happen. I hate hugs and huggy closeness and I don't like people invading my personal space uninvited which some people find difficult. Gosh I sound like a right catch.... :confused:

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sex-repulsed to some extent, so it requires more time and patience to get me to open up sexually.
    I'm very space needy. I do not want to talk every day.
    I'm more conservative, sexually. Not in the way that I'm against what other people are doing, but that I'm more vanilla and take things slow.
    I have aspergers.
    I can be vindictive and untrusting, but I'm working on it.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to be a downer and keep to myself, often staying home out of fear of others. So I won't get out much and I won't be the most fun, I'm the sober one at any party. A lot of people find that to be a very boring trait. I research anything and everything before making decisions and avoid impulse, often dragging things out in the process.

Also, I'm terrified of Yorkshire terriers and similar dogs. Worse than Indiana Jones and snakes.

If someone can get past that, we'd probably get along fine if we have similar interests or whatever. :confused:

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depression, lack of interest in sex, intense introversion, general distrust and dislike of other humans, social awkwardness, obsessiveness, and a tendency to over think everything.

7. Jonathan

Oh, this is an easy question. My insecurity. My insecurity has the immense power of destroying any bond a person feels towards me.

8. killswitch0029

I suck at small talk and I get tongue-tied super easily.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PTSD from sexual abuse.

I also suffer frequent boughts of depression and anxiety.

Oh and I'm super spacey...

Ain't it fun!?! :grin:

#9 myheartincheck, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't trust people easily. I have to get to know you.
    I doubt people. There are some days where I don't feel like talking.
    I like to be independent. I think a lot to myself. I talk to myself a lot.
    I may feel like you're playing with me and this is all a joke.

11. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm impulsive... and a bit of a procrastinator.

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So true.

Also, I have troubles with my emotions. I honestly feel like being the closet and repressing myself for so long fucked up my emotions. Like how does a normal person react when their bf (or anybody has a strong reaction of any type?) cries? How do you say what's bothering you without seeming super needy? The list can go on and on aha

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm stubborn and I don't want kids.

14. PrettyinPunk

I don't "date" people, so it's not so much hard as impossible.

15. faustian1

Oh, if only there was a Consumer Protection Act for those prospective dates...but it's hard to tell the difference, between a catfish and a whale.

16. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm either too emotional or not emotional enough. There doesn't really seem to be an in between. I have no use for the majority of my generation and blame most of the generation before us for it. So therefore I don't trust easily and I'm extremely bitter. I spend a lot of time sitting at home pretending it's a different decade. I'm insecure about where I am in life. I assume that anybody I meet will be as disappointed as I am with it so I'm defensive. I'm hell bent on being strong and independent because I feel I have to be so I don't ask for help when I need it but I still feel let down when it isn't offered. And the list seems to get longer the more I date and I don't know why.

17. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not thaaaaat interested in sex. I also don't really tend to display affection which might be weird to some people. Slightly socially awkward also. And I'm pretty sure I'm polyamorous which can be a huge turn-off.

I can also be a bit of a compulsive liar. Not about big or important things, but small things, which may make a partner distrust me. Like I might lie about what I ate for breakfast or which bus I took to go somewhere, or which friend's house I was at... that kind of thing. I do it very consciously, I know perfectly well what I'm doing, and I will admit to it if found out. And I don't do it with important things, or things that could actually hurt someone. But I can understand why someone might have trouble trusting me because of this.

18. Jellyfish Clear

That I like to be alone and talk to myself a lot. I am also really boring person if you don't have similar interests (even then I think I am boring). I am not the greatest comforter and don't really know how to give emotional support.

19. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The amount of time I would probably spend on other hobbies rather than them

20. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get a little too emotional sometimes, for example, when I'm arguing with someone, I can start crying for no reason at all, if the fight is big enough. I don't know why, but I just do and people have told me to quit it, but I can't.

I usually keep some things to myself and I don't open up that easily. I have mild trust issues too.

And of course, my lack of interest in sex, before I trust the person I'm with.