1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The gays at my school... urgh!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoBabyGoGo, Mar 23, 2009.

1. GoBabyGoGo

There are 2 gay guys i know of in my year, and i really don't like them!!!

One of them is a friend of a friend. I find him incredibly frustrating, because he seems to define his whole self by his sexual orientation. He comes to school draped in a rainbow flag, talks constantly about how he is such a gay slut, has girls that hang off him, talks with a lisp, and listens to really girlie pop music!! He can't talk about anything else other than the fact that he is gay!!

He also craves attention, and is planning to persuade one of his gay friends to come to our formal - Just for the shock value! I mean, it would be cool and everything if he was his boyfriend and he actually cared for him and stuff, but just using him to prove a point is seriously fucked up! I don't remember him being this way before he came out. Strange how that makes so much difference. He is also very popular... Grrr

The other guy is beyond gay!! He sings, dances, is a major poser, worships fairys, shits rainbows... You'd just have to see him to understand. He is the most feminine human being i have ever seen in my life. No wonder there are such prejudices and stereotypes if the only ones that most people know so obviously stand out from everyone else!! They just make the stereotype stronger and stronger!

Does this annoy anyone else!? I'm just very anti-stereotypical, and it annoys me soooooo much that this behaviour is so assosciated with gay people. Come on, essentially the only difference between gay people and straight people is that they want to fuck people of the same sex. NOTHING ELSE!!! Sure, be proud of who you are, but know what pride is!!

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

The thing to remember is we should except people for who they are.

It's society that deems what is normal.. if that's how they want to behave let them, they aren't exactly harming anyone. If everyone was the same this would be a very boring planet.

3. Greggers

Yea, and you just described me right there. That is almost beyond offensive to me, like its hard to find the words to describe how horrible it makes me feel. People just cant seem to accept a guy who acts like a girl. Is it SO hard to accept a man who acts like a woman if your a man who fucks other men? If someone said to you "Oh my god, i hate those guys who screw around with other men. Like honestly, thats just not natural! Its so bad to the masculine image for a man to let himself be done up the bum" im quite sure you would be offended. Your reasoning would be that it is natural and there is nothing wrong with being gay. Well, i say the same thing to you with being over-effeminate.

WHAT is the big deal? He wants to wear rainbows, he wants to listen to Cher and dance? You have NO right to say thats offensive, wrong, or a bad reflection on all gay people. Straight men think gay men are a bad reflection on all men, so its like the same homophobic train of thought here. When it comes down to it, your going to have to learn to accept not every man is the same, and not every gay is the same. Its not like everything that Ellen says suddenly changes the views and actions of EVERY other lesbian on the face of the earth, as hard as that may be to swallow. If some ignorant prick wants to clump all gay people together, its not fair to get mad at the gay people hes clumping you with when HES the one making the problem in that situation.

It annoys me soooooooo much that how i act is taken as a personal offense to everyone else who also fucks men up the bum. Cause that right there is were the similarities end with alot of other gay people. If i want to dress in pink leather, cue the boom-box, and start doing a sexy dance to "Hit me baby one more time" then i damn well WILL! And yes, this is something i would actully do :lol: But if you tell me that im somehow sickening to you because of this, i ask you WHY? WHY dont you want to accept me as i am? This is coming straight from one femmy guy to you. Here i am, pink and all, why do you hate me so much? I just dont understand it.

Im sorry about the outburst and hints of anger in this message, its not directed to you, honestly, its just me on my soap box preaching to the world. I just am sick and tired of ignorance. Why is it so hard to see me as what i am, a human being.

4. Amy

Amy

Exactly!

It is their right to act feminine, just as it is your right to not act feminine.

5. I think that's the point though, that it ISN'T an act. These people are just being who they are just like the rest of us are trying to be who we are.

6. Greggers

*Just going to add in, sorry for driving this topic off course into an angry greg moment. I just have strong feelings as everyone knows by now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Dont mean to cause WW3 here so sorry in advance cause i can tell this topic is not going anywere

7. SirBoobalot

Polyamorous, I can understand your frustration. But, to be honest, if someone is close-minded enough to discriminate against a guy because he wears clothes or listens to music that they think is "inappropriate" for a guy, they're certainly close-minded enough to discriminate just because he's gay anyway, feminine style or no.

8. GoBabyGoGo

i mean no offense and i don't hate... it just annoys me. Its not my style and i cannot relate to them, put it that way. I don't see that many outrageous straight people...

9. Amy

Amy

You may not see them, but there are fabulous straights.
    A LOT of them.

10. SirBoobalot

Sorry, I didn't mean that you were discriminating - I was referring to "No wonder there are such prejudices and stereotypes if the only ones that most people know so obviously stand out from everyone else!!" :slight_smile:

11. Greggers

Im sure you have super slutty girls who wear mini skirts and low cut tops

Im sure you have super jockey guys who are buff and flirt with all the chicks.

They are just as 'outrageous' as the femmy gay guys, just not as....colorful :slight_smile:

Your first message, honestly, did not seem like it meant no offense :confused:
    If its bugging you so much that they are being themselves that you feel the need to rant about it, maybe there are some emotions deep down that are stopping you from being able to accept and relate to them? I just think it shouldent be bugging you this much that they choose to be that way.

12. Janvier

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

13. GoBabyGoGo

it that acting themselves though? Maybe it is, and thats cool with me. That guy who changed his whole identity when he came out confuses me. What difference does it make? You would probably tell me now that he has released the 'inner person' inside him, and thats who he was all along not able to express himself?

sorry but i just get the feeling that it is very attention seeking. inviting a guy out to a formal, NOT because you like him but because you want to shock people and be seen with him?? i don't get it

im also saying that the people who are very different get most of the attention because of this. Through ignorance some people relate these characteristics to a certain 'label'. Maybe its this idea of defining yourself by a label such as gay and straight that im reacting to.

i know im going to hate myself for bringing it up, and i intend absolutely no connection with glbt people, but im curious. Greggers, do you think that we should accept pedofiles for who they are and the feelings they have?

14. GoBabyGoGo

i think you are being a little over sensitive. I DO regard you as a human being!! Of course i do!

15. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand why you are so frustrated polyamorous, but perhaps you didnt word it right. People are different and if they act girly, manly, tomboy, butch, femme...then thats just who they are. I dont think they should be judged for that.

However I have to say that it annoys me incessantly when any gay person parades around everyday exclaiming how gay they are and that being gay is so great..and gay gay gay gay. They end up becoming heterophobic and thats just as bad as homophobia. In an attempt to search for equality those people are promoting their differences like its the only thing that defines who they are. Yeah I'm gay but I'm a good hockey player too. Yeah I'm gay but I love science too. It doesnt define who I am.

16. -Michael-

My college is the worst for this.

There is me and a friend of a friend who aren't camp.

The rest...aren't even slightly camp...they're FULLY BLOWN QUEENS!

Which is fair enough, it's their lifestyle choice, but we get the idea!
    No need to parade around and sing Miley frickin' Cyrus songs all day!

17. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just read this part of your post and I dont think thats a valid point because paedophilia is affecting another individual detrementally. Acting girly is just an expression of who that person is. Even if that person at your school is acting you cant possibly compare it to paedophilia.

18. Janvier

Some people really like sports and talking about sports, same for music, fashion, etc.
    Why should it be any different for sexuality?

Oh and don’t that compare to pedophiles..

19. Greggers

I totally agree with the point of someone going OVERBOARD just to drill in "im gay". Thats not what i had the problem with. I bolded some text that i DID have a problem with however.

I am trying to keep this to someone having negative feelings towards a guy for acting femmy.

There is such a difference between pedofiles and femmy guys that yea, you SHOULD NOT bring that up. Its not hard to look at a guy dressing in rainbows and a guy fucking a poor little child and see what one is harmful and what one is not. Of course i dont think someone whos suffered some sort of trama or other mental issues that morphs into a SICKNESS that causes him to want to have sex with kids should be accepted. That is a sickness, not how they are born. That has been proven, yes? next part...

Im just trying to point out that if a guy feels like more of a woman inside, he should not have to face this much ignorance. Its not a hard concept to grasp and accept.

If someone wants to bring another guy to the dance to stir up shit, that has NOTHING to do with him being gay, that has NOTHING to do with him being effeminate, that is being an asshole. You find assholes everywhere, thats nothing new. It should not be tied to him because of his sexuality. After all, again, we are all humans here.

In the end it comes down to this: If someone is inherently a certain way OR if he chooses to be that way, as long as whatever he or she chooses to do is not directly affecting you or other people in a negative way, then it should not be this big of a deal.

And about being sensitive, yea i get that alot. I only blow it up this much because its NOT! Can i repeat that? NOT! a small issue. Its not some minor thing that can be brushed off. Its people, in a small way or big way, undermining the equality of a certain group of gay people because they are not YOUR type of gay people. Every time someone say a comment about "those stereotypical gays", you ARE talking about real people. Out of every stereotype comes a truth. Its not fair to those people to become the punching bag for people who dont fit the stereotype to take out anger on. Cause i see that happen alot. It often ties back to self-insecurity taken out on the people they relate all there bad thoughts about themselves to.

20. Greggers

Oh i forgot to address the "people who completely change once they come out"

again, that person was me.

The way i talk, dress, act, the music, the movies, the television i like, all these things i decided in about grade 6-7 were not what all the other boys were doing. I started getting made fun of for listening to Britney and such, so i hide it all. I burried it deep inside and started to just follow what other boys did to blend in. This stuck until i came out. I slowly broke down the lies and let my true colors shine through. I let my love for musicals show, i let my love for britney spears (very much hah) shine through. I literally became a different person. My personality was still there, just everything else had changed around that.