1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this acceptable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Is it okay if I can ask a friend's mum [note my friend is at university] to be able to talk to her regarding something that's worrying for me about university that only I can ask her or people on the internet; and I'd rather do it in person. The more I think about it the more I worry and create ''crazy'' [but note they sound something that could happen to me even though I know other people will see it as ''crazy''] scenarios without knowing the plausible truths. Trouble is, the reason I want to speak to her is the reason I don't. The question I am asking is about autism/aspergers syndrome which her children [my friend and her siblings] have. I want to ask her because even if she's not a professional, she'll know something from experience. The question I want to ask is nothing, as I am currently aware, to do with her children but I worry she might take it that way and be offended; or be offended if I think such a thing would happen without knowing it will [even though this is why I am asking]. The only way I can know is by asking or otherwise I might keep thinking something might happen if it won't. So either way I'm either offending someone because I think it might happen when it won't [and change my mind once I hear her answer - as long as more ''crazy'' scenarios don't come into my head] or keep thinking about it and worrying myself to a point where it gets worse. I am also worried about having to come out as non-binary agender, to ask to be seen/treated as such as have they/them required pronouns in order to ask my question; and I worry she'll make me stop seeing my friend once I say something; even if my friend accepts me. But I've got nothing to go on - she knows I'm LGBT but she probably just doesn't know what.

So what I was asking is acceptable:
    1. To go see a friend's mum to get help from her when my friend isn't there?
    1a. To possibly lie to my parents and say my friend is there and we're going out for drinks when we're not?
    2. To ask a question in regards to a condition her children have but the question is not anything to do with her children?
    3. To just come out with something, to her, from nowhere, even if there's a lot of ''behind the scenes'' in my head that means I come out with this question?

Thank-you.

#1 Secrets5, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016