1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back(long long post)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone,

scorpiontx91 here.

Sorry for my long long sabbath from EC. I was experiencing a lot of personal issues that bothered me from late May to August.

On my last posts here in May, I talked about experiencing Klonopin withdraw. I tapered off it in May and then had withdraw. I ended up having several hospitalization for anxiety/tachycardia/hypertension/panic disorder related to the benzo withdraw. Most of these where just ER visits that were in/out in a few hours. One lasted for the period of Memorial Day Weekend in an inpatient setting that was terrible for me.

I had a detroitating mental health and physical health I thought my body was shutting down because of the Klonpoin withdraw ended up in a psych hospital back for a week in June 8-June 15. Was diagnosed for the first time in my life with Bi Polar I. I guess the benzo withdraw might've fucked up my mental health more because I did have anxiety and depression. So I was back on Ativan and Seroquel.

I return back to the psych hospital in later June and mid July for medication adjustment and for brief SI steming from conflict from my dad(he has PTSD and it's been an issue for me and my family for years). Note to the board: I didn't have a plan rather was just depressed and had an acute stress reaction with brief SI in response to the conflict with my dad.

By late July-early August 2016, I'm feeling a bit more better. Having three medications to manage my anxiety/bi polar I.

Sorry for the long sabbath but I'm back and I'm doing well.

2. faustian1

I'm glad you got off benzos. Those drugs create more problems for people than they are worth for some. I don't think the prescribers give much thought to the disaster that quitting them can cause. I've heard story after story from people withdrawing from them--and most were taking prescription dosages.

Do you think the three drugs you're on now show promise to get things back to a good place, in the long run?