1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addict to ec

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darthsam, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've become addict to ec reading peoples story's sharing my story's I was never this open like this before I was quite shy ec has helped me to open up and love my life and that I'm not alone

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I felt the same way when I joined EC and I'm sure you're not the only one :slight_smile:

4. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Well, most of the threads I start rarely answer my questions. I feel like people just read them but don't make the effort to actually answer.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should probably change your thinking; you'll be happier. I know from experience that people not responding can be due to the person not thinking they can provide helpful or accurate information, or are unsure how they'd approach the situation. I do this a lot, because I think (and hope) someone will come along and post that can actually give good advice. Other than that, if it's a long post, sometimes people are busy and don't have the time to lay out a good answer. I wouldn't assume that it's because nobody cares.

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe that sometimes when you people post are long it could be perhaps they are trying to bring clarity and understand for those readers who may not comprehend fully to what they are trying to say. Also, I've always thought by this being a forum that it should not matter if the post are long or short. I mean...the same could be said for those threads that are the same or of the same subject matter or topic on a daily basis. Yet...people seem to keep responding to those that are repetitious. You would think that those people would be too busy to keep responding to same topic over and over again. Unfortunately, I have heard other people say the exact same thing about not having any of their posts being responded to and if you are really seeking some kind of advice as the forum suggests ... you surely can understand why those individuals feel that they are being ignored whether or not its true. Just saying...

7. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^ actually, I think when a topic is repetitious and you've given similar answers before, it's easy to answer again. If you're faced with a new problem which you may need to think about before you respond, it can take time. I know that personally, i open threads all the time and write out long responses, only to delete them because I don't feel like I'm contributing anything. There are also factors like time zone differences which can affect how many people see the thread you've started.

I completely understand how, if you're not in a good place at the time, your post being ignored can be painful and make you feel excluded, but the EC community is made of individuals, and it doesn't make sense to blame the site or the forum as a whole for it. I may be getting a little defensive here because I love EC and I've always been able to find people to talk to here, when I needed it.

8. hptrek314

Same though about how addicting this site is, I just joined a couple of weeks ago and as someone from the southern United States I finally feel like I have found my community I lack so badly here