1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when uninterested online?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Oct 2, 2016.

1. lovetoomuch

Hi everyone, I know some (or most) of you don't participate in online dating so this doesn't really pertain to you; however, you can answer the question (if you would like to) based on what you would do.

I have an internal struggle when someone I'm not physically attracted to messages me online. Yes, I completely agree looks aren't everything, but I also believe a physical attraction has to be there if the intention is dating or a relationship.

Part of me wants to message the person because I feel terrible that a guy took time out of his day to message me and then I ignored him. I know the feeling of never being messaged back and it sucks.

However, I would hate to message the person and chat just to end up saying "I'm not interested in anything more than a friendship."
    I honestly don't know which is worse, not getting messaged back or getting "friend-zoned."

What do you do if someone you're not interested in messages you?

#1 lovetoomuch, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. lowqualitypun

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    if the person messaged you and explicitly mentioned wanting a romantic relationship, I would definitely message back to say no. Maybe you two could become friends from it? But I definitely wouldn't just leave them hanging, to me that's always worse.

It'll suck to just say no to them, but hey, maybe you two will keep talking and a friendship will form or something. Best of luck!

3. Sealgirl19

I usually ignore the messages or if they keep messaging you just block them. It's better than wasting their time by talking to them with no interest in them.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd rather hear an honest message that you're not interested. You don't have to say why. Being ignored is far worse, I've waited up just to get a reply before.