1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting attention to partner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Worgen2, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I know in the past 2 months my boyfriend calls me dude instead of Dallas but is that any more romantic and better than him calling me just my name? Do a lot of gay guys call each other dude instead of there name unless they are serious about something? I thought maybe Kent is getting better since he isn't saying Dallas anymore when wanting to get my attention. Before he always said Dallas to get my attention all the time. We been together for a year and 10 months almost 2 years.

#1 Worgen2, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  2. Flowey

Oh yeah, I'm bad at this...in my last (and only :tears:slight_smile: relationship I only referred to him by his name, or 'you', or bastard, or sometimes slut. Never dude though, I hate dudetalk. But I loved it when he called me cutie, sexy, and other sweet mushy stuffs. A bit of double standards on my side, I know. Had he ever asked me to call him some sweet nicknames I would do so...otherwise I wouldn't.

And I'd rather be called by my name than dude, haha.

3. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex called me buddy once and I hated it. I probably would've hated dude just as much. I'm you partner who you may spend the rest of your life with. Dude, Bud, Bro, Man... any of those just doesn't work for me. But different strokes for different folks. I've met guys who hat being called babe or hun.

4. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

Well I talked to him just now and he said he never called me dude. I think he forgot that he has been calling me that but I told him to ask him to call me hunny or baby and stuff and he said he will work on it but I thought dude was better than Dallas but guess not. He for more than a year never called me hunny or so just my name. But for 2 months his been calling me dude so I thought maybe it was better. But he has to work on saying hun or babe, etc

He doesn't mind at all when I called him hunny, baby, etc since the day I met him he says.

#4 Worgen2, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  5. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I can say when his gets really in middle of talking he still calls me dude I told him right away this time and said you said dude again since last time he told me he never called me that and I told him right when he did to prove that he does call me that. I told him remember you promised to call me hun or babe etc instead and I said you did promise that right and he said yes. I been pointing it out more now since you guys said him calling me dude is not good when you are lovers right?

6. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I' am going to guess that I' am right since people here also said having you lover calling you dude isn't good so his going to really have to work on calling me hunny or something like that instead. It must be really bad him calling me dude.

#6 Worgen2, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016