1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life's actually pretty good

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretstutter, Oct 3, 2016.

1. secretstutter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Did anybody else have this "wow, maybe life doesn't always suck" moment? 'Cause now that I've came to terms with the fact that I'm gay (really came to terms with it), I feel like maybe I do have a future after all. And getting married (eventually) no longer seems like something out of my worst nightmare. :lol:
    I mean, when I thought I was bi, somehow everything seemed wrong and I couldn't put my finger on it and it was just. So. Frustrating.
    So, did identifying as gay/bi/etc. "solve" the better part of your problems (ie. make you realize you were just making them up) and magically your life satisfaction just shot up? Though, I do know that for some people it might have actually made things more complicated.

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi secretstutter,

I know what you mean. My life satisfaction did go up once I accepted I'm gay and I think most people do because we are no longer lying to or fighting ourselves.

I'm really glad for you and glad you are feeling better. It is a big relief accepting ourselves. Enjoy it. :slight_smile:

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Finding out I was bisexual was somewhat of a revelation for me. My main thought was that I couldn't believe that I hadn't figured it out sooner. Once I came to terms with it I did indeed find myself more relaxed and free to express myself, as I finally had an explanation for my"strange" feelings.

Later realising I was trans is... a different story.