1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Back And I Brought Bad Mental Health

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larkcarmen, Oct 9, 2016.

1. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. I know I disappeared for a while but I'm back for now. I have a few updates.
    -I'm coming out to my parents on Tuesday (Not as a straight boy but as a gay girl)
    -I have DID
    -My depression has returned

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Yup depression sucks especially if you thought to have beaten it already...but see it like this if you have beaten it once you can beat it again.

Glad to have you back and good luck with your parents.

3. faustian1

Hi, I'm pleased to meet you. As someone mentioned, if you beat it once you most likely will eventually beat it again.

There are some indications that are hopeful. For one thing, your subject for the thread is funny and shows a good sense of humor. Profoundly depressed people have a lot of trouble having any sense of humor.

Another is your energy. You're coming out to your parents on Tueday (not "someday"), and with a surprise twist it appears. Good motivation is another indication your depression might be something you can fight.

I'm not sure what "DID" is, so if you can please tell me as I'm a bit dense on this stuff.

Also, your message is concise and very to the point. Any chance you might be a bit autistic?

Please write back, at the latest after you've come out. Depending on how it goes, it could have a big effect on the levels of your depression. Either way, we're here to help.

#3 faustian1, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

DID is short for disassociative identity disorder symptoms can be amnesia relayed emotional response disassociation detachment and troubled perception of self time and places
    People can feel detached from their own thoughts feelings and self.

There is also the definition of "multiple personalities" inhabiting one body but this could not be scientifically proven in the sense that public media likes to portray it

5. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do actually mean in the "multiple personalities" sense and amnesia does come with that.
    And yes, faustian1, I am autistic. I didn't realize it was that obvious.
    Definitely not with a twist. My.parents are transphobic and I'm AFAB. I am a straigt trans boy, but because my parents think I'm cis, I'm coming out as a gay girl instead.
    I'm only coming out Tuesday because it's National Coming Out Day.
    I suppose I have a decent sense of humor. Depression comes and goes, really. I might want to die and then 10 minutes later be laughing at videos on YouTube. (One ridiculous video that helps somehow is Pen Pineapple Apple Pen.)

6. faustian1

Please don't be creeped out by my clairvoyance. :lol: I'm an Aspie too and I've learned to recognize the signs.

There are a lot of smiles in what you write. I sure hope your depression doesn't last, and I hope too that your National Coming Out Day announcement goes really well.

7. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. Sorry if my writing seems sort of... Stiff. I don't really relax around people until we're actually close. (Not me, anyway. As stated before, I have DID in the multiple sense and I'm not really the alter to go to for a fun time.)
    If you do want to talk more, though, feel free to drop a message on my wall. (Is that what it's called? I haven't been online in a long time and my memory is bad anyway...)

---------- Post added 9th Oct 2016 at 07:02 PM ----------

Thank you. Sorry if my writing seems sort of... Stiff. I don't really relax around people until we're actually close. (Not me, anyway. As stated before, I have DID in the multiple sense and I'm not really the alter to go to for a fun time.)
    If you do want to talk more, though, feel free to drop a message on my wall. (Is that what it's called? I haven't been online in a long time and my memory is bad anyway...)

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back, Kit. We're here for you if you need anything.

9. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope you get better. I know what it's like to be mentally ill and depressed. Make sure to take care of yourself.

11. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I'm trying.