1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would be the point of me coming out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mental, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why would I ever want to come out? I prefer females anyways, so what would be the point of coming out as bi? I feel like that would cause far more bad than good.

2. Schmosefine

I've felt that way too for a long time. I can't say what's right for you, but for me it has become really hard to listen to the dumb shit people say about lgbt people, and I imagine that the people around me would be more considerate if I was out.

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

If you don't feel like coming out would benefit you then don't. Plenty of Bi people never come out because just being straight and normal is easier and they are happy that way.
    And if you happen to fall for a guy one day you can still come out then, when it's actually necessary.

Coming out could benefit you by what fine said and in that you're open with other people about that part of yourself. Plus you signal to guys that could be interested that something is possible. But if you don't care much about those things then why not stay in the closet? There's nothing wrong with that.