1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sent an angry email to Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocking23, Mar 26, 2009.

1. rocking23

Who agrees with what I said? What do you think on it??

2. Mickey

Wow! First,great letter.( the one you wrote! lol!) Second,I'd be pissed,too. If they're going to disable your account,you definitely have a right to know why!
    They say you're spamming other users. That's all I get out of the whole thing.
    You have a right to know what they mean by this. I have no advice on what else you can do,but I hope it all goes in your favor. Good luck.

3. Greggers

Facebook never ceases to amaze me in the level of stupid they can achieve. If i get ONE more heterosexual jewish dating service add on the same page as a half naked man holding a rose with the caption "His IQ is 125, can you beat him?" im going to try.

4. Shevanel

The thing about this is that when you join facebook (like many sites) you are agreeing to their terms and services and stuff and like they probably could say they have every right to tell you nothing. But I dont know, I just know the internet likes to fuck people over :slight_smile: Good luck though, if Facebook took away my chatting ability, heads would be on pikes.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lex likes this.

Lex

6. Jbright

Josh likes it too:slight_smile:

7. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wonder if you were chatting "too fast" and this freaked out their system. It may have thought you were spamming the person you were chatting. That is the only thing I can think of.

8. Miles D

Facebook deletes users frequently that it thinks are spammers. They determine you are a "spammer" if you post or chat a LOT. I have a friend on a forum who gets her account deleted at least every six weeks because she has SO many friends that she chats with using wall-to-wall, different group's forums, and chat.
    It's a crappy method, but maybe try to tone it down for a while and see what happens?

9. Just Adam

im glad i never got into face book sounds like a right arse these things dont care about the people who use them i hope they have the decency to reply to you and not fob you off with a gemnerated reply or try blaming you for the problem cos if you cant even contact your friends on it then the whole thign is redundant and might aswell be closed down

hope you get a good reply take care

10. MusicIsLife

ive never had any issues with facebook, but i have less than 70 friends and i barely post. soooo yes.

11. sdc91

I don't get why people don't have a problem following the rules here at EC (for the most part), but when it's a big bad (oh no!) corporation that stipulates the rules in its terms of service, people think that it's less important or something. They mention this in the user agreement.

I've had chat privileges taken away because I used it too much. I'd rather than I occasionally get it taken away than have people spam me.

12. joss22

Yeah, I haven't had any problems personally with facebook, but I totally know what you mean in your letter when you talk about them not wanting contact or feedback. It seems that the only way to get their attention is to create a group with more than 100,000 members in it that is specifically pinpointing one problem.