1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to thank you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firepit5, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My daughter came out a few years ago and now is 13. I've been and gone on this board for a while. This has been a DAMN hard time. I've come to this board and never been made to feel unwelcome. Thank you SO much.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for being accepting of her. :slight_smile: It's nice to see that there are parents like you out there xx

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    no thank you for accepting your daughter into your loving arms!! I am proud your daugther is so brave at such a young age and I am proud of you for still loving her as much!

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

What everyone else said: Thank you for coming here and trying to understand and learn to help your daughter as much as possible. That's what the site and everyone here is there for after all. =)

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's been our specialty since 2004. No matter what happens out in the world, we're always here.

6. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I appreciate your comment so much. But let me say this. You have NOTHING to be proud of in me. I almost take that as an insult (but I don't). Anyone that loves their children has an instinct to protect them. Mine may be stronger than others but that doesn't make anyone else's impulses less strong. Has anyone here watched The Goldberg's? I am Bevvy.

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2016 at 01:05 AM ----------

#6 Firepit5, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason we are so proud of you, is because many of us have experienced the pain and overwhelming despair of parental/family rejection. We know it's hard for parents too and your loving impulse to protect and shield your daughter from pain is admirable, but some parents have actually been the cause of the greatest pain in our lives. Instead of protecting and nurturing us, they have opened the biggest wound imaginable by turning their backs on us when we come out. So when we come across a parent, like you, who actively participates in our community and seeks support and offers it in return, we will open our arms wide and welcome you in. We LOVE parents like you and we will do all we can to assist you.

Thanks for joining and contributing. It actually means a lot to us.

8. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you so much. That means a lot to me.

9. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I appreciate so much your sentiment. Just know that it is not abnormal to love your babies more than your life. That's NORMAL. Anything otherwise is a mental illness or a response to something that has nothing to do with your worth.