1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect Time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elijah91, Mar 28, 2009.

1. elijah91

elijah91 Guest

Has anyone ever had the perfect moment? Not the traditional "This top is perfect, and it's the last one on the shelf, AND it's within my price range!" perfect. But I'm referring to the perfect that is seemingly unreal. The perfect that only occurs in fantasy novels that you can by in the candy less isles at Giant or in the adult section at Boarders or Walden Book Store, even the ones you find in the basket in the corner of your Grandmothers living room, the basket full of her unfinished crossword puzzle books that make absolutely zero sense to you, but take her a matter of seconds to skim and complete, or the miniscule spheres of colorful yarn and nearly finished knitting project (the one she claims to be making especially for you.). Yeah I'm talking about those books. The ones with the characters on the cover, but the description within leads you to believe it's referencing a older, lighter version of Will Smith instead of the intended Fabio illustration on the cover. ​

The perfect, who’s beauty can only be attempted to describe as the feeling of resting oneself on a tall hill overlooking a green field on the birth of Spring, just as the suns warming rays radiate the playful innocence of the Tulip trying so hard to shine and publicize itself like it’s cousin the Rose, that secretly longs for the quiet life of the other. While nearby the lavender waltzes with the Hyacinth it the cool breeze as they exchange sweet kisses of love and happiness for all eternity. While up in the trees shading the laid back and extremely observant Daffodil, listening quietly to the Arbutus and the Lilac commerce amongst themselves. Swaying from hushed laughter about the scandalous Narcissus, and its vanity. ​

As you watch this family swing and sing with the passing winds, you are mentally reverted to a paradise unlike any other. With a glass of your favorite ice cold drink you think to yourself that this couldn’t get any better, and then a stranger passes you by and requests permission to join you in enjoying the beauty of the fields. Reluctantly you grant it, at first you think about manufacturing a fathomable fib allowing you to flee and enjoy the solitude once more, but upon further inspection of the individual you notice so many things about him that seem flawless. His hair has that citrus hue that invites and dares anyone to stroke it, then is ivory green eyes, the ones crafted by the green earth herself. They capture the imagination and manipulate it however those who look upon it desire. His bright skin silky smooth as an angel’s song, yet sinfully embracive as the trap decorated with cheese for the hungry mouse, beckoning it to try a tiny nibble. But greatly evolved, you look away hoping the stranger wouldn’t be offended by your guilty, yet easily and willingly repeatable, glance.​

Eventually you are lured into a deep conversation about nothing and everything at the same time. From the meaning of colors to the concept of names and how they can identify and confuse all at once. The setting sun reveals the mellowness of the persons smile. Their once earthy eyes transform into tantalizingly luscious night blue. You see the future of the day behind their groomed lashes and brows. But sadly they must part from you, promising to bring back this eternity again tomorrow

So as you take one last look at the darkening fields they have lost their beauty and mesmerizing luster, stolen by the stranger who vanished from view till tomorrow.

2. Derek the Wolf

Interesting read. I'm really not sure what to make of it.
    To be completely honest I don't really like it. I think my idea of the perfect time is different. Especially considering I once experienced what was in my mind paradise. Trying to classify what happiness really IS is difficult because experience and feeling vary so greatly from person to person. It's an interesting idea, and it's well written. It made me feel really sad reading it, and getting emotion across with text is really difficult. Thanks for posting it. ^^

3. Eccentric

I feel like the "stranger" should be introduced earlier or taken out of the very end.
    Well, there was this time I made a sandwich and it tasted really good.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but I can't tell you about it without revealing something about me I'd rather not.

Lex

5. Eccentric

Was it when you saw some capris half off at Old Navy? :smilewave

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Capris? Ugh! :slight_smile:

Your one and only hint: It involved a couple friends, and 10,000 strangers.

Lex

7. Eccentric

OK, I got it. You got to go up on stage and sing with Hannah Montana when you went to her concert with your friends. amirite? I am so right and you know it. Your secret disney superstar name is... Lex Texas!

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

"How you feelin' tonight, Cleveland?!"
    (roar)
    "Aaawwwww, yeah!"

Lex

Attached Files:

9. Fiorino