1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever no homo'd so hard you made someone suspicious?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've done this a few times and it is so cringey! >_<

Have you guys done this, and how did it play out? :slight_smile:

2. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A former friend of mine and I were watching a TV show where two girls hooked up. I didn't know how to react...
    Well let's just say, that it ended with my friend hating on homosexuals... So, I think she has no ideas why our friendship didn't last...

Yeah, I always try to act normal, but whenever things like this (TV show, etc.) happens I realize that I'm far off normal xD

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Regularly. No-one thinks I'm straight unless they're dense. And there are some dense people tbh but they feel to mee like the minority.

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Someone said that they'd have to keep the boys off of me. I said "Trust me, that won't be a problem."

"I mean, there aren't gonna be a lot of boys there. And you won't have to keep the girls off me haha... I don't swing that way... *nervous laughter*"

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'm the opposite a lot of the time actually. When I do "gay" stuff I act confident so everybody probably just thinks I'm a super confident straight guy :lol:

6. eMei

No way! I love subtly hinting!! I like leaving people wondering, so I just say nothing if I ever get the chance to hint.

7. faustian1

The title of this thread is so funny I can't stop laughing.

I haven't denied in decades, but I rarely confirm either, preferring to be mysterious. Once, when somebody was accusing me of objectifying women, I asked him (yes, him), "how do you know I'm not gay?" That shut him up right quick.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have bad news for those who are closeted and trying desperately to pass: For nearly everyone, anyone with good gaydar can pick you out. And often, it's the people trying most desperately to hide, blend in, or act "normal" that are the most obvious.

I know that isn't what anyone wants to hear, but very often, by the time people are ready to come out, nearly everyone already knows. So at one level, maybe it means you can relax and work more on being yourself. I know that's scary as heck, but it is often the best choice. And otherwise... just don't stress about it :slight_smile:

9. guitar

The title of this article killed me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. faustian1

Damn. I always knew it 'cause I don't like football, Budweiser, or monster trucks...:tears:

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This has happened to me so many times(mostly when I was younger), but I'm sure I've made some people more than just suspicious. Something that happened fairly recently, actually, was my blatant (oh, god!) FLIRTING WITH ANOTHER FEMALE!!! I'm not out. I completely surprised myself in my openess, when I thought about it later. Mind you, my grandmother, who has constantly questioned my sexuality, was right there between us and she didn't say a thing!!! My mom was around there too! I was very lucky. I've complimented this same person, not as flirtingly, on another occasion too and my sexuality wasn't brought up then either. (Whew!)

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the person. I mean, I’m fairly out but not completely. I got this a lot in Secondary school, mainly because I was a bit stereotypical (with the whole low ponytail tied up hair, no make-up, opting for trousers most of the time instead of a skirt, hands in pockets, short fingernails, and the whole lack of interest in boys, oh and I was pretty good at field hockey too, and obsessed with cats, and denim) so yeah…I didn’t exactly fit in very well.

I remember sitting down in English class once, and someone asking me straight off the bat if I was gay. They laughed when I said I was straight. I ended up getting outed towards the end of Secondary. However, I haven’t really had this at College. Most of the time people think I’m straight, these days I am fairly capable of passing as such. I sometimes get asked how I don’t have a boyfriend yet, and they say I’m too pretty to be single.

I’ve also had it where people have told me that I’m not gay, that I’m too feminine to be and that I’m either bi or straight, and that I’m just confused. I’ve also had it where people have told me that they could “sense” that I was gay when they met me, I have a friend who takes psychology and she takes pride in her “gaydar” despite being straight and she claims that she could tell when she met me but she didn’t want to say anything in fear of being rude.

It’s funny how it is, for some people they can tell from the moment they meet you, whereas others just don’t buy it and go on to tell you why they think they’re right and why you’re “wrong” about your own identity. I notice that the people who claim that they have a good gaydar tend to have more gay friends, as they tend to base judgements on others based on what their friends are like, whereas the ones that don’t tend to go by whatever archetype they know. In fact, when I came out to my friend who takes psychology, she exclaimed “Why are all my friends gay? Am I the only straight one here?” because it turns out her friend group is surprisingly LGBT dominated.

Although I notice that she tends to miss out on some of the things I spot, for instance when she introduced me to one of her friends, I noticed that her friend had a pansexual flag drawn on the palm of their hand. When I came out, and she started talking about her friend group, she mentioned that friend who I had seen with a pansexual flag on her hand, and she started telling me how that friend is pansexual, and I told her that I knew. She was surprised at this. “You knew?” she asked. I explained to her about the flag, and she told me that she hadn’t noticed.

She seems oblivious to small pride symbols like that, and instead bases her judgements on a person’s “vibe” or whatever. So yeah, it varies. Gaydar is a questionable thing, but there may be some truth to it. From the studies, I’ve seen, success rates tend to be around 60%. Then there are the articles that claim gaydar becomes more accurate in straight women in peak-ovulation.

Is He Gay? Ovulating Women Can Tell | TIME.com

#12 Canterpiece, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  13. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im bi and i definitally have times where im acting very feminine and times i act more straight. i can laugh about it but if a close friend starts to touch my butt or grab me from behind or anything im always like NOPE. because it weirdm except if the person is hot

14. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Literally my friend comes out to a bunch of boys at our lunch table and they start asking them ridiculous questions.

"How can you like both?"

Me: laughs

"Are you sure you aren't a lesbian?"

Me: laughs harder

"How can you find Kate Upton hot? You're a girl"

Me: laughs REALLY HARD

"Hey (my name), why are you laughing so hard? Are you like a lesbian or something?"

Me: *deeeeeep in the closet* WHAT NO OF COURSE NOT NO HOMO BRO NO NO NO HOMO

My friend: ....... dude calm down don't worry about it *suspicious glaring*

#14 galaxygia, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  15. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in the closet, sometimes I had to make an effort to pretend to be a straight guy toward girls around friends and strangers, which I obviously did very poorly. A few times my guy and girl friends literally asked me whether I was gay because they couldn't see me getting excited or interested about any girl at all. I don't have any of the generalizations commonly attributed to homosexuals except my lack of interest toward girls, and that's exactly what they detected.

Nowadays, I just don't give a fuck. If you don't like the fact that I'm gay then that's your fucking problem not mine.

16. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm told this is how I was in high school. I was so determined to be closeted, it was the single thing that most gave me away. Everyone in school knew, and they accepted me just the same - at the time I had no idea.

Patrick

17. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a hard time making people believe I like girls too, actually. Still, there was a time that I used to cuddle a lot with my female best friend then one of our friends already joked about us being a couple and a teacher gave us a disturbed look once, as if they knew something we didn't. I couldn't tell if I had feelings for her at the time, but damn, was it so obvious that I was attracted to her and I denied it to anyone that asked? I even talked about her all the time and would be like "hey! no homo".

18. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do it all of the time, latest example. I had just started as a volunteer and we have a private online chat group.

Day one me "Reminds me of my friend, I'm his fag hag." so he tells me personal stuff. (it was a convo about personal stuff)

To my surprise, one of the paid employees there replied "You're a fag hag? I love that term and no one here uses it."

Went on to a five minute discussion about our gender and sexuality and made a new friend whom I adore.

All of this in a chat with probably 10 other people of unknown to me orientation and gender, half of them my supervisors there.

What a way to come out at work :slight_smile:

#18 DAFriend, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  19. ladykiki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, about 3 years ago me and a friend were out for my birthday, and after a few we got to talking about people we went to school with. She mentioned this girl I used to have a crush on and I started gushing about her to the point I had to abruptly change the conversation because I was terrified she'd guess I was gay. (I came out to her just last week, I wonder if she remember that...)

20. Formality

When talking about relationships with people I'm not out to I never use gender specific pronous like he or she, and I try hard to keep the topic short. I feel like it has to be so obvious xD I also feel like some straight women have scary good gaydars anyone else noticed?