1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As my name says...late bloomer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latebloomerguy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how much to type.....I'm really torn right now. I think a guy Ive sort of been dating isn't really ever going to be more than friends. He won't committ been going out about 6 mths. I'm too tired to type. I just wanna cry. Maybe I'll be less blue in the morning night all

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dude, how old are ya? Late bloomer becoming a man, or late bloomer figuring out you were gay?

3. guitar

It might be time to cut your losses to be honest. After 6 months if he isn't interested in dating, he probably will never be.

You don't have to answer, but who do you feel is more onto who? Is he more into you, or you into him? Because unless the answer is both about the same, that could be a major problem.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes it's better to let go of these things. You don't seem happy, and - I don't mean this in an unkind way - he doesn't sound like he's worth the emotional pain.

I chased somebody who wasn't worth it once. Not so long ago I was in the same position that you are in now. It hurt at first, actually it hurt for a while, but you know what? I'd be hurting a lot more if I hadn't let go, and she means nothing to me now - not romantically, at least, I still care for her as a friend. But the point was, I felt the same as you, and in retrospect letting go was the only thing I could have done if I wanted to get over it.

It may hurt now, but things will change, your feelings will change, and you have to do what's right for you. You can only be truly happy if you remember to take care of yourself.

#4 Gunsmoke, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  5. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometime letting go is both the best and hardest thing you will ever have to toward someone you love.

I'm not going to tell you it's easy, or that the pain goes away fast, that would be a lie. I will tell you that now and then, it's the best, the right thing to do.

Moving on won't be easy but, years down the road, you will thank yourself for doing it when you find the one that will commit, that you want to commit to.

6. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I forgot this site. Late bloomer as in.gay. out to self at 31...now 43

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2016 at 07:23 AM ----------

Hes 12 yrs younger....i feel we connect.....but he was hurt in 4 yr relationship that ended 2 yrs ago........hes not ready. But i.think hes also not really into me. And that realization sucks

7. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to agree with everyone else responses on the forum in regards to letting go and cutting your losses. Sometimes...things happen in a way that is unexpectedly in order to alert you that you are really wasting your time before things get too out of hand. Always feel that when one door closes...another one opens and what's behind that door will be far better than you could ever imagine. I know more than likely...you probably can't comprehend to what I am saying right now...but at the end of the day...you will see and understand it all once you make up your mind to let go and move on.

8. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice folks; yah I'm not going to completely throw in the towel re this one; but the fact he a few times has said we will always be friends has that double edgedness to it....good but bad.....not to sound ungrateful. I am about expecting a 10percent chance of this going anywhere, so I'm going to change my approach with him. I just don't want to hurt him - my nature to try and avoid this - but I do have to think more of me.

9. Latebloomerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So to update on this...everything seems to be pointing to not trying romantically anymore with this guy. Any advice I've received-soliciTed or not- points to cutting my losses and move on....too much to type but thanks to all and this forum too...will keep reading various posts