1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing pubic hair...yay or nah?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'm_Danni_x, Oct 30, 2016.

1. I'm_Danni_x

Majority of people remove their pubic hair completely - or trim it down to a certain extent - due to a misconception that pubic hair is unhygienic. Or because they feel that pubic hair lowers the quality of sexual activity, especially during oral sex or lowers self esteem in front of intimate partners and healthcare professionals. Science points out the body is designed to have hair down there for good reasons.

Link

There's many articles surrounding the myths of pubic hair that you can google.

What do you guys think?

#1 I'm_Danni_x, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be healthier, but I'm conditioned to find trimmed pubes to be more appealing. I don't like it completely removed, but don't like a big bush either. Also, if you're a male, trimming your pubes tends to makes your penis look larger..........

3. KevinDutch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer pubic hair trimmed on guys because I like a bit hair but too much is just not that appealing to me. more or less the same view as Austin

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Massive turn-off and dealbreaker to see the pubic hair removed. For three reasons:
    1) It kind of reminds me of a little girl, especially since I also like smaller breasts. I'm not saying that liking it bare makes you a pedophile, but it is just creepy for me to combine it with my other tastes.
    2) Not hygienic. Gynos have proven that fully shaved vulvas have more STI and infection risks. This is even scarier for lesbians who don't really use protection.
    3) Sensory processing disorder issues. Fully bare gives me a different texture, which is...less bearable than a mouth full of pubes.

I also believe that every woman has the right to shave all of her pubes, but I won't date her. Likewise, I will never fully shave for any partner. It is a dealbreaker on both sides.

5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The idea of being past childhood but having hairless genitals is very weird and creepy to me. I mean, we go through puberty for a reason! People have the right to do what they want but completely bald doesn't appeal to me.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I trim mine when I think it's too long, but there's no way in hell I'm putting a razor down there. I'm an adult (despite my young appearance). I'm SUPPOSED to have hair down there. I also expect anyone I'm dating to have it.

Yeah, I don't like clean shaven, no matter where it is.

7. iiimee

I personally don't care at all about if other people have hair there or not, but for me personally, I like at least shaving the hairs on the edges to get a neat, more orderly look. XD And, uh, sometimes shaving the hairs on the other side feels nice... *cough* Sorry, but that hair is so uncomfortable sometimes- it's best to take care of it occasionally...

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I should mention that I don't mind the trimmed look, even as a small as a landing strip. I trim myself. It's only 100% bare that turns me off.

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate shaving any part of my body... so...

10. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like it trimmed, more trimming for women required if they are my partner - nose tickles are bad LOL.

Other than that, whatever you like, I'll go shaved, trimmed, natural, whatever my partner likes. it's just hair, it grows back if I let it.

11. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trimmed, I don't mind shaved on other people but I don't like it on myself, also don't like full bush at all, its so easy to trim it.

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pubic hair completely shaved/removed isn't appealing to me. That said, I do trim my own pubic hair, but really, it's just for me--no one is going to be seeing it any time soon. :dry:

13. GalaxyRiver

GalaxyRiver Guest

Same lol. But as for any partner I may have, I don't really care what they do with their pubic hair.

#13 GalaxyRiver, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2016
  14. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    During the Summer season I shave because it makes me feel clean. However, during the Winter season I let it grow but I keep it trimmed on a regular basis.

15. TheGreyBetween

Bare is weird on women's genitals . . . I'm with Creativemind on that it makes the area look like a little girl's which is really creepy. If the woman I'm with is bare, I'll deal, but I don't really like it. I've only been with one woman who shaved everything down there though, thank goodness. Men, I don't really care if they're shaved or not. I've only been with guys who didn't. What I don't like is a hairy butt. That is a turn off. X^D But still not a dealbreaker; some people are really hairy.

For myself, I don't shave anything; I don't trim either. What you see is what you get. If you don't like it, too bad, I guess I'm not for you. It's funny, but the only people who've ever had issue with my choice were women (not ones I wanted to date or did date). The men in my life didn't care . . . funny that.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm au naturel. It itches too much if I shave/cut it.

17. Jack or Jinx

Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally, pubic hairs just creep me out. Why the HYuk are they freaking curly and course? I'm not about that life, son. I shave because I don't want it there, and prefer people to at least trim it bc that hair is just... disturbing, my guy.

18. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I trimmed it once and didn't like the feeling of it but I'm considering trying out having it completely shaved. Personally I have no preference as to if a partner has his area shaved or not, I could go either way.

19. Raziel00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I liked it trimmed to be more manageable. I don't understand the people that say bare genitalia reminds them of a child's because it shouldn't. Child genitalia look pretty different from a full grown adults if you really look at them. The vaginal lips are not fully developed in girls (no separation between inner and outer labia) and very pink inside while in grown women its typically darker while with boys the testicles are not as full and the penis is thinner not just smaller.

20. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trimmed, with any sort of body hair. Not slick, not bushy, just a nice even dusting.

#20 Kodo, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016