1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my crush gayy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KevinDutch, Oct 30, 2016.

1. KevinDutch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay this is kind of a situation which started last year the first day of camp of university.

I saw a boy and I thought he was cute, but I was too scared to approach him even though I met lots of other people.
    Anyway I saw him sometimes and it was not really something special. I even got in a relationship at a certain point last year but that only lasted for a few months. After that I started seeing him again but still never approached him, even though all my friends already knew about him but nobody really knew who he was.

So I kinda forgot about him during the holidays and then all of a sudden I look up during my break at work and there he is!
    That’s why I decided to make a move or at least do something. So what I did was ask someone that is like one of the bosses and also a closeted bisexual guy what the name of the guy was. And so I sended a request on Facebook and started talking to him about some random stuff.

unfortunately I figured out that he had a girlfriend, but I was pretty sure that it was either a cover up or that he is bisexual. Anyhow I decided to be completely open and tell him that the reason I texted him was because he is cute. This would to most straight guys probably a shocker. However he was pretty nice about it, which of course doesn’t say anything about his sexuality. He could just be a nice guy right?

Well something else happened what made me very suspicious. I met another guy so I wanted a know from this guy I have a crush on. Lets just call the guy I have a crush on Nieve (snow in Spanish). So I asked Nieve if he wanted to drink something sometime because I wanted a straight up no to move on. Surprisingly Nieve said yes so I was really surprised, but then the day after he said well I don’t really know you so I have to cancel it.

Basically after that we started talking (on FBM) and he told me he was never approached that random, but that he actually liked it. After that he asked me if I was going to the company party where he was thinking about going too. After all he did not go to the party because he didn’t really know anybody in the company yet which was completely understandable.

That is why we were like okay we’ll talk to each other sometime soon then. This was last week Monday where I managed to be in the same train as he had to take which takes about 45 minutes to get to our destination. I saw him outside of the train already and we started talking and sat down next to each other. It was very fun talking to him we laughed a lot and both putted and effort in the conversation and even watched a some videos on youtube. :kiss:

He had a big smile a lot and seemed to be very comfortable around me and also smiled very cute when we said goodbye in the end. It was actually the first time I’ve seen him smile knowing that he is a very shy guy (I’m the complete opposite of shy). anyway I texted him yesterday and asked him why he never goes to the cafetaria (where I work in the same company). He said that he always has his own food and I replied to it that I doubted it would be as good as the food I make. So he said than I should go there sometimes perhaps.

so that’s basically the story till now. he never talked about girls or anything which is also something all my straight guy friends do. Also a lot of people in his town think he is gay, but I think the most suspicious thing is the fact that he enjoys my attention.

But what do you guys think? Do I have a chance and what should I do?(&&&)

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make friends, get to know him better. he might be a really cool straight guy or, he might be a really nice LGBTQ guy.

As for liking the attention, I like the flirts and attention I get from my gay male friends. I have a female body so it's not likely to go beyond fun flirts, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it anyway.

3. KevinDutch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. One little thing is that he and I both live in a part in the netherlands where people accept it, but are not really used to it and get a bit scared when it comes too close. However I will just get closer to him and see what happens. He might turn out to be a really cool friend as well but prefer him to be my boyfriend haha

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with DAFriend, it can really go both ways here. =] Either way, he might be (somewhat) into you or he might just be very okay with it.

Good luck! :icon_bigg

5. KevinDutch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the conversation of Saturday was kinda finished already and this morning he randomly replied to it even though it really didn't add anything. So I'm like whyy? did he wanted some attention?

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm guessing that he enjoys talking to you. =] If a conversation ends, you can still revive it by commenting on it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    i think this is probably a bit of a dangerous area to go on haha, ive seen many many straight guys get hugely offended by anything remotely "faggity". but that might just be the area im in haha. id say play it cool, observe his behavoirs, where do his eyes go? hot guy comes into the room where does he look? do his eyes dart to him and back or linger for a bit too long? a hot girl comes in, the same applies here. if he lingers too long for both then probably Bi, but if only for one, then probably just that one. how does he react to males sitting a bit too close to him? badly? or unquestioning? i dont know these are all tests im looking at all the time haha, i like the concept of fingering someone out

8. KevinDutch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah I get it.
    well before we ever talked but he did know I though he was cute he always looked deep in my eyes and he still does. the topic of women has never been talked about even though we have talked about many things. honestly he was sitting pretty close to me and I was the one that was leaning the other way because I was a bit scared of maybe being too close too soon. my hot female friends say he is gay because he never looks at them but honestly I would pass too if I were straight lol. anyway I think he is at least open to it and could possibly fall for a guy so that's what I'm going to try.

9. MagicPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've been in similar situations like this. You said he has a girlfriend. It doesn't matter whether he's dating her just to look straight or for whatever other reason. That alone should be enough for you to say to yourself that you should just give up on this guy. If he is secretly gay, let him deal with coming out on his own. If you get muddled up in it, it's just going to explode in all three of your faces. Just because he still wants to hang out with you even though he knows your gay doesn't necessarily mean that he's secretly gay and into you. It could just mean that he's not a homophobe and he's a friendly guy. Besides everyone likes a bit of attention.I know that in these situations we all want to believe that just maybe that person's secretly gay and has a crush on us. But in reality we are just wasting our time. Just be careful it doesn't get to the point where people start looking at you with pity because you're the sad gay person following around a straight guy who already has a girlfriend.