1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love to smell feminine.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shyllen, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Shyllen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey,

So I think I'm a pretty masculine guy, right? I never dress in drag, or act "feminine." But there is a small guilty pleasure that I indulge in as often as possible: Using female body wash and hair products. I don't know what it is, but good grief I love the smell. Don't get me wrong, men's products smell pretty good too. But there's something about smelling like fruit and nut that is just so...freeing.

Am I weird? Yep, haha. Not going to hide it. But what do you all think? Would you date a feminine smelling guy?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wan't aware that smells could be masculine or feminine.. So fruit smells are feminine, really? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally, it doesn't seem strange to me at all. We all have different tastes when it comes to taste, flavour, smell and so on.. =]

#2 Quem, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah Shyllen,

I'm kinda with Quem on this. Do you mean herbal smells for body wash and hair products? Because I know a lot of completely straight guys that love those kinds of things....

4. Psaurus918

I'm not sure if I would consider what I use as feminine but other people definitely would. I use coconut scented shampoo and body wash and I use bath and body works lotion in the fall/winter.

5. Shyllen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What I meant to say is that (where I live) if one was to use products that are advertised with women being the main attraction, that person would be considered to be using feminine products. :slight_smile:

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Shyllen, I suppose that that would be situationally-dependent for you. I can't actually help you there. But, like I said, in general and in much of the world that I am familiar with (which is a lot of the world because I've been many places around the world as part of the US military), what you describe is not unusual. My own brother's hair products are advertised by women, but he is as straight as an arrow.

Have you tried any of the products that you described and actually had negative comments? Or are you too concerned to even try them?

Like I said, from my perspective, it's a non-issue. Who really cares about how you smell (besides yourself) unless you smell unwashed in some way to people around you in an enclosed space?

Just my thoughts. I don't know it that helps you at all.

#6 Quantumreality, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  7. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I do too and there's nothing wrong with that. Mens fragrances smell good too but are too strong for me usually. I prefer them on some other males. IMHO that's what's wrong with society when a guy can be drag and/or wear women's body care products yet get criticized for it. We all fall in different categories on the masculine/feminine line. I consider myself gray there.

Like @Quem said why is liking to smell like fruits consider gay or feminine anyways? Too much insecurity. Rather that much more than B.O. lol.

---------- Post added 3rd Nov 2016 at 08:25 AM ----------

To answer the last question, I would date a masculine or feminine guy as long as they don't reek lol. It concerns me more whether they are compassionate if not then nope.

8. Linkmaste

It's not weird at all the shampoos smell really good! I wear men cologne all the time and use men shaving cream

9. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yay! this is a big yes to me :3
    most of female products just smell so nice. my favourite scent is vanilla, and I mostly smell like vanilla, and it's rather considered 'not very masculine'. but I don't care about it.
    so even if you're weird, I am weird, too. let's be weird together :grin:

10. Justinian20

You know what I love feminine shampoos and body washes, they are so nice on my skin and I love the smell on me personally, like I also love masculine smells but it doesn't suit me, thats why I love the masculine smells on other men (hehe giggles).

11. Cinis

Cinis Guest

" gendering" smells is a stupid concept anyway.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2017 at 02:43 PM ----------

Except for marketing and advertising purposes

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2017 at 02:44 PM ----------

...which is probably the true reason they're gendered

12. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    same here. Some female shampoos are just awesome. Also I don't see a Problem with Dating a feminine-smelling guy :slight_smile: I just got a problem with too offensive perfume of any kind

#12 Amdukias, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017