1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Poll] Have you ever pretended to be a date for someone of the oppoite gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greggers, Mar 29, 2009.

?

Have you ever gone on a fake date with the opposite gender?

1. Yes, at their request

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes, at my request

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Neither

32 vote(s)
    62.7%
  1. Greggers

Just a simple poll ^^ wondering how many people out there have pretended to be someones date of the opposite gender, when you were not actually dating?

a) Yes, at their request
    b) Yes, at my request

So basically was it YOUR idea to do the fake date or his/hers? Or maybe you have done both?

2. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me and a friend go to dances together to save money...
    Does that count?

3. Shevanel

I THINK i've been asked to pretend to be someone's boyfriend before, i'm not sure. its fun either way :slight_smile:

4. Absentminded

yes....at his request. It sucked.

5. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    once... it was in this really creepy bar in Rome. A guy was hitting on a friend of me and he asked if I was her boyfriend so she said yes and we played along.

it was kinda funny.

6. Derek the Wolf

I might if I was asked to go. I wouldn't on my own accord though. I don't fake anything ;3

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, but I would be willing to pretend to be a date for a female friend who knew.

8. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

A couple of times becasue my mates thought we awould make a good couple but this was before I fully knew I was gay and I ended it pretty quick.

9. ricoca

LOL but it will be so fun pretending!

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. But I HAVE had an attractive woman say she enjoys going out with me, because people assume I'm her date. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. riddlerno1

No, but i have stepped in as a 'pretend' boyfriend when ive been out with my female friends and they get unwanted attention from guys. So its usually a quick step into the middle of the two people.

12. Eleanor Rigby

My best friend once asked me to pretend I was his new girl friend because one of his ex wouldn't leave him alone after their break up. As we used to hugged twenty times a day and to walk hand in hand all the time, and to giggled stupidly as everything the other said, that was not difficult to prentend.
    In fact, most people thought that we were boyfriend and girlfriend whereas we were not.
    And one of my gay friend pretend once to be my boyfriend when we were out clubbing and and old pervert started to be much more familiar with me than I wanted him to be.

13. Just Adam

never had a date with a guy :frowning2: so noo need to pretend i wouldent say i was on a date anyway id just say im off out

14. Jeimuzu

Yes, but at neither's request. She was a friend's ex, and another one of our friends wanted to make him jealous to try and get them back together. Didn't work... xD

15. Mickey

A simple question deserves a simple answer: Nope!

16. J Schuelke

Yes, at my homecoming dance that I went to, we had to pay as singles or couples and they didn't allow two guys to be a couple (not that I had anyone in mind back then) so I went with a girlfriend of mine. It was actually pretty fun, just dancing and not caring about much.

17. Brandford

Ive never done it and i would never ask a girl too but i would if someone asked me

18. SlickyPants

Yes, I have. A good friend of mine asked me to be her grad date. I wasn't out to her and even though she was fully out of the closet, I never heard about it. So we both didn't know we were both gay and I obliged to be her grad date on the condition that we were only friends and me doing this didn't make us a dating couple.

Anyway, a week or two before her grad she invited me to some Pride coffee/music event and that's when I found out about her being gay and eventually I came out to her that night. Now that we fully understood each other it made the graduation a lot less awkward.

19. Greggers

Im actually surprised so many people haven't haha.

Ive asked quite a few of my fag hags to "date" me whenever i get asked to family or family friends "get togethers". It makes it so much less awkward, and we can sit in the corner and talk about how hot Chris Evans is *giggle* (true story)

Ive also been asked by a girl or two to pretend to be her date to the same deal. A few weeks ago i went to a friend of mine's cousin's party. It was very boring, so we sat in the back and listened to Patrick Wolf while everyone else played Rock Band and Uno :slight_smile:

Come to think of it, ALL these dates end up with me and girl sitting alone in the back gossiping about boys and listening to music, maybe im really not covering anything up here rofl.

20. Meropspusillus

I'm planning on going to Tanzania during my Junior year...and pretending to be married to a friend of mine for when people ask her to marry them =/.