1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working on Novel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shasta, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    For those of you who have been following will know that a crush on someone has inspired a story for me. I have got the general plot down a romance between an young adult and older woman. I have changed names places jobs, etc. I writing my rough draft now. I am changing the ages to young woman is in late twenties and older is early 50s. The story is going to take place in new york in present day. The older woman works in skyscraper and the young woman interns there.

My process is write, read, and edit. During this time I will change things. As for right now the story does not fit together well.

What are some of the difficulties the two would face? There would be a lot of controversy over the relationship itself. What some ideas on how society would react to it?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, there would be a ton of social backlash I imagine. Even if people got over the fact that they were lesbians, there would be the "cradle-robber" and "gold-digger" stigmas. There would be the simple generational gap in how the two women see the world, and how they might have different values that pull them apart before they can handle it. The younger woman's boss might not approve based on how badly intra-company dating has gone in the past. Or at the very least, the younger woman might have to choose between putting in extra effort for a promotion versus seeing her love interest, which would also strain them.

You can go in any of a million directions, so think about it. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2016 at 01:30 PM ----------

The older woman has problems and has been to rehab. Is about to be outed by her company for drug problems. When they find out about the relationship it adds extra strain. The younger woman is codependent. The mother expects her love man and backlash against the older woman and accuses of converting her and taking advantage of her sexually(just like my mom would). I'm working how my mom would respond in real life into my story. My mom is very closed minded, conservative, and sees things in black and white.

4. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, theoretically, you could make the older woman a mother, filing for divorce.

There you could have a ton of new problems:
    • The soon-to-be-Ex-husband has an instant disliking in the younger woman
    • He thinks, that his "wife" would manipulate her
    • The child could be in the same age as the young woman which would it make a little bit more awkward
    • The woman hides her husband and the divorce from the young woman, but she finds out (or the husband tells her) and it makes her question everything
    • If the child could be younger, the older women tries to fight for custody, but gets a very homophobic judge, the husband knows it and uses this as his advantage...

There are thousands of ideas ^^

If you don't like this idea, you could give the older woman friends who don't support her, or a boy friend who thinks she's in love with him and only uses the younger woman to make him jealous... By the way: Secrets are always genious. Think about one of the women having cancer or another illness...?

You know: Writing has a lot to do with creativity :wink:. The best thing you can do, is brainstorming. Write on an empty sheet all the things that could happen. Even if it's totally unrealistic (like aliens would kidnapp the younger woman) and then pick the ones you like most ^^

If you have any problems, you can always talk to me. My hobby is to write stories. Novels as well as short stories. Just ask :grin:

Good luck ^^

5. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank everyone you for all your support.

#5 Shasta, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016