1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for targeting my market

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shasta, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm working on lesbian romance novel and I need ideas on how I can target my market. My market is the LBGTQs. Where do i start?

2. musicenthusiast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! You could chose an age bracket eg. target LGBTQs who are aged 18-25 or something like that. In regards to promoting it, a lot of people within that age are online, so you could make a tumblr or facebook page to promote the novel. You might be familiar with this, but I'd look into the 4 P's of marketing: Price, Product, Place and Promotion. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Linkmaste

A good target market is the 14-18 category because teenagers crave romance
    They want to relate to finding that one person who makes them special.

But age demographics agree are a good target start.

4. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will also want to look into social media marketing, what and when to post for the most interactions and views and, how to engage people on social media and even forums.

That's a huge part of promoting and, selling your product and self today and, the majority of your target audience is going to be on social media sties. It would benefit you to hook up with some of the Social Media Experts out there that offer free tips and advice and, follow the accounts of some of the best in the field, Community Managers, Social marketing leaders and so on.

5. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if teens would be the appropriate market because it has some explicit scenes. They take bath together and end up hooking up.